Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet

Article about: Does anyone know what the b-52 means on this helmet? The helmet is named to a Gilbert Wilson, the only person I could find was a 2nd Lt. Gilbert wilson with the 301st BG 352nd squadron. The

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet   2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

One more for the friends at USMF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Lt. Named fixed bale Schlueter helmet  

The correct Heat stamp for the helmet is 111a.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I emailed Troy at USMF this morning to have him post the pictures for me. I have not heard from him. I have trouble resizing pictures to post on that forum. If any one here can help that would be great. Marty
    To make them smaller? If so there are a host of freeware programs that can do that. I like "Fast Image Resizer". It so simple to use. Just drag and drop one or more photos into the box and you are done. No built in bugs, spyware, etc.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think it maybe USN due to the yellow colouring, markings like these usually are for collection/landing points etc, anyway that's my 2 cents of thinking. I'm always wrong!

This is the resizer that I've used for years for this forum- works great -here is the link
    https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Phil that needs to be your project for the weekend to help me find out more about this guy. I am coming up against dead ends. Marty
    My crystal ball is kind of fuzzy right now. Might be the booze.
    But I will get on it tomorrow Marty!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hey Marty I was doing some searching around the web and came across this on the USMF might get told off for putting this link up so sorry if I have breached any rules Markings on M1 USMC Pot - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum There appears to be a debate here about yellow painted numbering on M1 helmets being USMC for landing crews assigned to landing craft. I suppose this raises more questions than answers them good luck researching this one

Ian, I never thought about a possible Marine connection, that throws a new twist on the helmet. I thank you for the extra effort trying to help me.
    Marty

?

Another Not Navy thought is that he would be Ensign Wilson and not LT. Wilson.
    Marty is that a duffle bag with his name and home town on it?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast