Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about your opinions about these 3 liners please? They are authentic WW 2 or shortly painted after the war? With best wishes alter musketier

Default 3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you about your opinions about these 3 liners please? They are authentic WW 2 or shortly painted after the war?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

1) 'standard'
    3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?

2) with patches
    3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?

3) 1st lieutenant with patches
    3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?3 liners M1: Authehtic WW II?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

I am not versed enough to give you a definitive answer, but I think they are very interesting. I would add them to my collection if I saw them.

?

From the looks of it, the first one looks to be 100% authentic WW2, a nice mid to late war example. The second is a late WW2 manufactured liner with a later (possibly Korean War era?) headband and post war applied emblems. The third looks like an early 50's era example, as the webbing is OD#7 but there is a frontal insignia eyelet which did not feature on later 50's liners. Hope this info helped, these are some good liners!

?

The First liner appears to have been repainted at some time ( nothing to worry about ) the webbing is in nice shape. The makers mark appears to be a Westinghouse mark that is upside down.

The second liner has a 2nd cavalry DI in the patch. with the other side using a 26th Infantry Division patch.
    It is a shame it has been broken. I believe it would be well worth restoring.

The 3rd helmet is a head scratcher. It has been repainted with a brush and I think is has been relined with a later date darker green webbing for reissue. The insignia are for the 69th Infantry division and a Distinctive Unit Insignia that I don't recognize. There are several thousand different Distinctive Unit Insignias and I don't have a good reference book for them and am not aware of one that is complete.

I hope this helps you friend.

PS
    Liners seem to be harder to find than the helmet shells are. I think you have done well.

Dear all,

Great, thank you very much for your evaluations! They give me a lot of information! For the second liner, I found the information at Wiki that the patch belonged to the 101th Engineer Battalion, unit of the 26th Infantry Division, so called 'Yankee Division' ('YD' patch). The battalion remainded with it until the division's deactivation in 1993. The bataillon's device is TENAX PROPOSITI, 'Tenacious of purpose'. The 26th Infantry Division was engaged at the Battle of the Bulge, crossed the river Rhine at Oppenheim near Mainz in March 1945 and liberated together with the 11th Armored Division the Gusen concentration camp. At the end I have purchased this liner.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Just remember the decals are post-war.........
    Regards,

Steve.