Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

301A US M1 helmet

Article about: Hi Here`s an helmet im keeping my eye on. Its a stamped 301A swivel bale, the leather chinstrap is damaged and one side is stitched to the sweatband. Other than that, is nice and honest lid.

Default 301A US M1 helmet

Hi

Here`s an helmet im keeping my eye on.
    Its a stamped 301A swivel bale, the leather chinstrap is damaged and one side is stitched to the sweatband.
    Other than that, is nice and honest lid.

Cheers
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 301A  US M1 helmet   301A  US M1 helmet  

301A  US M1 helmet   301A  US M1 helmet  

301A  US M1 helmet   301A  US M1 helmet  

Shouldn't have posted it then. Now you have alerted other potential bidders. It's up to $90 already.

Quote by anton67 View Post
    Shouldn't have posted it then. Now you have alerted other potential bidders. It's up to $90 already.
    Why?? We are all friends here, lol
    I dont see the forum or its members as rivals or competitors.
    I see this as community, helping eachother out.

Or else i would be here day after day, helping other on their purchases

I don't know whether you noticed but the liner has been repainted.

Yes, i know

I noticed but im not too picky about these helmets.
    I think it still displays well, so it deserves a preservation opportunity in a collection.

Nice lid Nuno early fixed Bale converted most likely field depot with OD7 straps and last type hook and buckle,blackened Brass hardware,from june 44 onwards,just a shame the liner has been repainted,but as you stated still deserves a place in a collection,I do in a way agree to certain extent with what Anton said about posting here first if you are serious about buying this or any other militaria,we may be one big family but personal quests for militaria are still first and foremost in our members minds............Jake.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Nice lid Nuno early fixed Bale converted most likely field depot with OD7 straps and last type hook and buckle,blackened Brass hardware,from june 44 onwards,just a shame the liner has been repainted,but as you stated still deserves a place in a collection,I do in a way agree to certain extent with what Anton said about posting here first if you are serious about buying this or any other militaria,we may be one big family but personal quests for militaria are still first and foremost in our members minds............Jake.
    Hi Jake
    Thank you for your post.
    I understand what you are saying but i have to say this.
    If there is anyone even more interested in this helmet than me, i will let this person have it.
    If you or anyone else want something that i also want, but if you found it first, i will not bid on it.
    If you look around, you will find several posts of me, asking if there is any interest on something, before i make a bid.

I do not post on any other forums because WRF has the greatest members and team i could ask for.
    WAF and many others, do not care about helping and certainly about who gets to keep the item.

If anyone want this helmet, please let me know, i will stop bidding.

Cheers
    Nuno

I totally agree with you Nuno unfortunately we cannot base everyone being like you so you may be the perfect gentleman but same cant be said for others here and elsewhere,giving other members the heads up on items does and will turn there heads regardless of them being part of a big happy family...........Jake.

In response to:
    Why?? We are all friends here, lol
    I dont see the forum or its members as rivals or competitors.
    I see this as community, helping eachother out.

My answer is:
    Keep telling yourself that and you will be happy until someone else buys a coveted item out from under you. It has happened to me and I speak from personal experience. You dont personally know all the people who look at this forum. Some people just watch the forum for tips like the one you just gave out. All you are doing is attracting other bidders and driving up the price.
    You would be better of PMing people you do trust from the forum.
    I have posted items and before I know it, the item is no longer available and bought out from under me.
    One time I posted (on another forum) an item that a guy offered to sell me on Craigslist. When I went to get back to him to take the deal he told me he had other offers. Next thing you know it ended up on a website for sale by a guy who belonged to the same forum.
    I never called him on it, but I know what happened.
    Trust me, dont trust public posting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast