Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

301A US M1 helmet

Article about: Hi Here`s an helmet im keeping my eye on. Its a stamped 301A swivel bale, the leather chinstrap is damaged and one side is stitched to the sweatband. Other than that, is nice and honest lid.

What is the markings on the front mean?
    chris

i think its a nice helmet nunoGTI. but the yellow V-2 107 i dont no what that is. or what unit. i hope you get it. i got a m1 with the leather strap broken i got real thin bit of leather an put it under the strap and glued it. to make the strap one peice again. but the glue makes that area a bit stiff. and if you do get this helmet and dont want it anymore for some reason ill take it. ha ha. good luck.

Quote by geelong View Post
    i think its a nice helmet nunoGTI. but the yellow V-2 107 i dont no what that is. or what unit. i hope you get it. i got a m1 with the leather strap broken i got real thin bit of leather an put it under the strap and glued it. to make the strap one peice again. but the glue makes that area a bit stiff. and if you do get this helmet and dont want it anymore for some reason ill take it. ha ha. good luck.
    Hi mate.
    I didnt followed the last two hours of the auction, because i had to have medical attention due to my recent injury.
    I have been having a lot of pain lately.
    The helmet was one of the few auctions i lost because of it.

But health comes first, mate.

Cheers
    Nuno

ok sorry to here that mate. hope you get well soon. theres more helmets out there to get. but theres only one of you.

You should use one of those bidding sites.
    They bid for you in the last 5 seconds.
    I have used GIXEN with some success.

Quote by anton67 View Post
    In response to:
    Why?? We are all friends here, lol
    I dont see the forum or its members as rivals or competitors.
    I see this as community, helping eachother out.

My answer is:
    Keep telling yourself that and you will be happy until someone else buys a coveted item out from under you. It has happened to me and I speak from personal experience. You dont personally know all the people who look at this forum. Some people just watch the forum for tips like the one you just gave out. All you are doing is attracting other bidders and driving up the price.
    You would be better of PMing people you do trust from the forum.
    I have posted items and before I know it, the item is no longer available and bought out from under me.
    One time I posted (on another forum) an item that a guy offered to sell me on Craigslist. When I went to get back to him to take the deal he told me he had other offers. Next thing you know it ended up on a website for sale by a guy who belonged to the same forum.
    I never called him on it, but I know what happened.
    Trust me, dont trust public posting.
    Though other may not share the same opinion, I agree. It was ever since I found out an image-source finding software that I started to think twice about posting items. In that instance, a forum member helped to trace the source image in order find out if it were trustworthy. However, one could easily trace an image to the ebay/online auction posting of the item; then perhaps purchasing it for themselves.

Yes, one should come to the community with doubts, but there will always be those who will abuse the wealth of knowledge we have accumulated here. I know how to find the obscurely listed ebay items that others would never find, but there are bandits out there who will steal what you have worked for.

Amen!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2