Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

326th Engineer Battalion Helmet

Article about: Flat steel buckle, and a lighter in shade liner chinstrap rudders . The question is, if you have an original helmet of such rarity, wouldn't you fit/replace the liner chinstrap with an origi

?

Default Re: 326th Engineer Battalion Helmet

Flat steel buckle, and a lighter in shade liner chinstrap rudders .
    The question is, if you have an original helmet of such rarity, wouldn't you fit/replace the liner chinstrap with an original one, instead of a Euro equivalent?

Andy

Thats true Andy and yet LOOK it has the incredibly rare blue vinyl double wired sweatband or is that been added too?....

Ye Jake I might be wrong about the pot chin strap. But the give away with the liner strap is the way the leather has been cut (not curved) and the leather is rough looking (not calve skin).
    Rod

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Thats true Andy and yet LOOK it has the incredibly rare blue vinyl double wired sweatband or is that been added too?....
    That thing is very rare indeed. If you can find one, the prices are astronomical.
    This helmet is a bit of a contradiction, methinks.

Andy

?

Jake when it comes to a helmet like this I would want all the bells to ring. if they didn't I would step back and give it a good long look .

Are you sure Andy that is deffo steel and not Iron?is that was the Iron variant then that would be correct (mid 43 onwards)still why add a euro chinstrap....certainly a talking point......Jake

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Are you sure Andy that is deffo steel and not Iron?is that was the Iron variant then that would be correct (mid 43 onwards)still why add a euro chinstrap....certainly a talking point......Jake
    Difficult to tell 100%, but I'll go for steel.

Andy

It looks like that liner has green A washers which makes it mid war. I would expect to see wire buckle sweat bands on earlier liners but then again we would never know for sure if it was late stock or not.

Rod

If that heat lot number was in the late 500's and with the 43 liner with as rod said green painted A washers and that Iron then the whole thing could stand a good chance of being genuine,but then that all depends on the markings themselves......

Do you want more photos? And from what exactly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2