Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

5 Front seam M1s

Article about: Hi to all I Purchased one of these lots from Ebay , seller was selling lots of 5 Front Seam M1 helmets . Any input would be of interest , looks like some have had a repaint at the Army Depot

?

Default 5 Front seam M1s

Hi to all

I Purchased one of these lots from Ebay , seller was selling lots of 5 Front Seam M1 helmets .

Any input would be of interest , looks like some have had a repaint at the Army Depot .

Serials i can see on three of the Helmets are 333 , 335C and 324 . Are they Korean re spray of ww2 pots?

ill post pics of each helmet if you need a closer look . Each helmet had was just the pot , but thought i t was a good start to my M1 collection .

5 Front seam M1s

?

Great purchase and a wonderful start to a collection, the glossy green shells could well be Korean issue hard to tell really, so I look forward to seeing some more detailed pictures when you get the chance to post each individual shell up.

Each one has a unique finish, I like the Cpl Leblanc model particularly

?

Quote by Opex View Post
    Great purchase and a wonderful start to a collection, the glossy green shells could well be Korean issue hard to tell really, so I look forward to seeing some more detailed pictures when you get the chance to post each individual shell up.

Each one has a unique finish, I like the Cpl Leblanc model particularly
    Thanx for the Input , i would be interested in your input . Here are some pictures of each pot

5 Front seam M1s5 Front seam M1s5 Front seam M1s5 Front seam M1s5 Front seam M1s

?

Any one have any input re these M1s ? Are they Korean War respray at a Depot .

Also what could the light green Camo ? paint may have been used on . It looks like this was also applied at the Depot ?

I"m guessing these have gone to the depot because the two fixed bales have broken off and the swivel bales have the wire removed or damaged .

Any input would be of interest

Hello,

A great way to start collecting these things on a budget. This is how I started collecting M1's - I suspect from the same seller as not too many eBay listings compile of M1 lots. These helmets were used for so long, it is always difficult to pinpoint the last time it was used. I have found shells that were certainly made in the 1940's with soldiers serial numbers who served in the early 1980's marked inside! Chances are these have all had a respray since original manufacture. It's great fun collecting M1's this way (but a lot of work) - finding liners and chinstraps to correspond with the suspected era of the shell. Creating accurate Korean and Vietnam helmets is not too difficult - there are many Vietnam era M1 accruements still for sale, and great Korean era stuff still pops up from time to time. WWII liners are still common, it's finding original chinstraps which is a challenge. This great forum will help immensely in researching the evolution of the M1

Have fun!