MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

504th helmet at Ciney, original???

Article about: Hi, when I was at Ciney EXPO I saw a 504th paratrooper helmet for sale, I asked for the price and the seller said 250 EUR. It looked original to me but I decided to don't buy it. Now the SAM

Default 504th helmet at Ciney, original???

Hi, when I was at Ciney EXPO I saw a 504th paratrooper helmet for sale, I asked for the price and the seller said 250 EUR. It looked original to me but I decided to don't buy it. Now the SAME HELMET is for sale on ebay for near 600 EUR and its price is gonna rise before the auction will take over. Was I a fool or ebayer are?
    Casque US M1 para parachutiste 504 helmet stahlhelm paratrooper airborne | eBay

Default Re: 504th helmet at Ciney, original???

504th helmet at Ciney, original??? Here I am when I asked the price

For that price, if it was real, it would have been snapped up! Personally I think you did the right thing by walking away, always trust your first instinct. It's usually the right decision

I will go out on a limb here and say fake, the liner looks brand new and I know a guy that makes replicas like this right down to the rusting on the buckles and aged paint, he sells them as fakes and not to deceive anyone. I also love how many medic helmets are just laying around for sale when a huge percentage of them are bad also. Dealers love to add the words Airborne and Paratrooper to a helmet because those words alone make it an easy sell, just like adding the words normandy camo to a german helmet, I would make sure I'm 100% positive this helmet is genuine before coughing up that much cash, and the odds are against it.