Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

50s USMC HELMET COVER

Article about: This cover came in the mail the other day and just thought i would show it. 1950s made USMC cover with the some of the ega showing on the green side. But on the sand side there is not much l

i will show u a photo of the color of my korean war helmet when i get a chNce

Thats what I do with Mitchell covers,hold the helmet over a boiling gas kettle and the steam acts like an iron and shapes the cover but doesn't soak it so rust doesn't start underneath,also i just wanted to add Mark there's no such thing as a postwar MSA liner,its a Micarta Division Westinghouse liner,hence the impregnated tab with the date/W/stamp and Micarta,sorry if it sounds picky,only putting you straight Mark.......

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    How about a close-up shot of the black substance?

Some sort of dried grease? Looks more reflective than the green paint from the photo.

Regards,
    Taka
    yea the black is like a heavy oil. based paint. i will get better images when camera gets back those images were with my phone. i might start a new thread. with just the helmet. cheers mark.

here are photos of my korean war put together. see if the helmet paint colors are similiar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 50s USMC HELMET COVER   50s USMC HELMET COVER  

50s USMC HELMET COVER   50s USMC HELMET COVER  

yes they are very alike danny. the cover is very alike too. a very rought sand finnish. very good like it a lot thanks for showwing me. cheers mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3