Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ABL helmet

Article about: Hi there! I just got a new helmet (It was free with a subscription of a history magazine) and they said it was a authentic US M1 helmet. I went to google trying to find out how to date it. I

yankee82
    ?

Default ABL helmet

Hi there! I just got a new helmet (It was free with a subscription of a history magazine) and they said it was a authentic US M1 helmet. I went to google trying to find out how to date it. Inside the shell, I found the white letters ABL. Can please anybody tell me what this means? Thanks a lot.

yankee82 from the Netherlands

well i dont know if its a lucrative bussiness to fake m1 hlemet since they are cheap as dirt but i will need pics either way regards ds

without pictures we cant help you

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure we can help you, but this forum is photograph based and we must have pictures. As has already been stated, many m1 helmets are inexpensive and it's unlikely to be a fake (although m1's have been made in many different countries.) doug

yankee82
    ?

Hope it will help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ABL helmet   ABL helmet  

ABL helmet   ABL helmet  

ABL helmet  

ABL stands for: Armée Belge/Belgisch Leger. French and Dutch for: Belgian Army.

This is a rather recent helmet. A so called Euro clone. Possibly marked in the rim. Or in the top af the plastic liner as well.

Not worth a lot. I think eighties or nineties vintage.

Cheers,
    Emile