Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

American helmet battle of the buldge, please help!

Article about: Hello, it this a 100% original helmet from battle of the buldge? Or are there parts reproductions? Please help!

Can not really comment on the shell as stated, liner has been totally refurbished with what looks like non genuine parts.

The shell is a fixed bales front seam helmet, so it appears to be WW2 era. But iti has been painted later inside and out in white paint, which had then been scraped off partially. The liner is just white, and I cannot make out what has gone on with the front but my first thought was that it looks similar to post war American Legion helmets. The chinstraps are almost new. So I do not buy the story or the helmet.

as stated those bales sit quite deep to the rear of the shell, heat stamp number would help.

I don't have the headstemp number, but thanks for helping me! Indeed, it is probably refurbished or something, I am not going to buy it.

The shell could be good, ask the seller to find the heatstamp number.

It would have to be pretty cheap to buy if correct heat stamp on the shell.
    John

O dear not worth even getting out of bed for complete put together as Mark said nothing matches on age/wear etc.chinstraps are repro and Liner is almost unused condition,shell paint just looks a mash up of colours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2