Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

American wwII original helmet?

Article about: Hello everyone, I purchased a helmet American, with code US17 (even if you do not see in the photo) and in addition there was a padding inside that comes off, or the fact that my doubts that

Default American wwII original helmet?

Hello everyone, I purchased a helmet American, with code US17 (even if you do not see in the photo) and in addition there was a padding inside that comes off, or the fact that my doubts that part is original. The gorge below and complete but they put duct tape could otherwise come off and the hooks under the throat are not fixed. The paint is original and is dark green. I would like to know if it is original.
    Thanks for any replies.
    American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?American wwII original helmet?

This is an original postwar produced M1 helmet. It is not a WWII helmet.

Heat stamp inside shell please?US17 in liner means US mold number but like on the other thread here it looks south American most likely Peru reworked or produced there,shell looks postwar US made then exported.................

The liner looks like a Vietnam era liner, except the fabric cross pieces do not have length adjustment buckles.

I thank you for your help guys, but I want to understand how you did not understand that dates back to World War II and what details I do understand.
    thanks for the help

Its post WWII because it doesn't have a seam on the front rim of the helmet.

Experience im afraid,study books and pictures + google,plus look through Nicks sticky threads in this section,a big help indeed............

so if I find any U.S. M1 helmet with a rear junction are certain that it is the post-war?

?

Look at the chin straps friend.
    WW II US helmet chinstraps will be attached by looping the web strap over the bale with a bar stitch holding the web together.
    The helmet you have has the metal attachment for the bales for easy replacement this is way post WWII. The liner is not American in my opinion. Nothing like ours.
    Hope this helps.

JBR
    ?

This is a Peruvian army used and refurbished M1 helmet, almost certainly. Interesting in it's own right and a good buy - at the right price. The paintwork and crudely refurbished liner are very characteristic. They were used up until recently and may well still be in use in Peru. Often, they come with a PASGT woodland cover, sometimes the M! version. To buy a good WW2 M1 knowledge of detail is the key, so research is vital. Some sellers will palm off post war or even non-US M1 types as WW2 to unsuspecting buyers if they can. But the main trouble is that sellers often know little more about helmets than what they've seen in war films! So they just think if it's WW2 US helmet shaped it must be that! Best Regards, John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast