Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another fixed bail M1 US helmet

Article about: well Ive done it again Ive really got to stop or im not going to have any money for the bills & rent anyway got this one in better condition but the guy wouldn't go any lower then £50 un

?

Default Another fixed bail M1 US helmet

well Ive done it again Ive really got to stop or im not going to have any money for the bills & rent anyway got this one in better condition but the guy wouldn't go any lower then £50 unfortunately no not as a good deal as the other. as this has already been messed with buy someone else im thinking about striping & repainting this as a little project & Phil no you cant have this one either
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another fixed bail M1 US helmet   Another fixed bail M1 US helmet  

Another fixed bail M1 US helmet   Another fixed bail M1 US helmet  

?

Default Re: Another fixed bail M1 US helmet

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    im starting to get to know that hi-fi in the background, i said... cant go wrong at that price, if i see a tramp with a load of helmets and a iffy hi-fi under his arm, ill know youve been booted out, another e,bay was it nick?
    you know it

yeah another ebay offered him to end the auction & we came to a deal at £50 but i know if i repaint this & add the spare liner & chin strap i have i'll make that money back if i decieded to sell

?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    im starting to get to know that hi-fi in the background,
    yes , it`s becoming like an old friend . i said it was a grundig but phil reckons it`s a grounddug !!. nice lid nick , it`ll give you something to do while your saving for your next buy ! ( i,ll give it three day`s )

?

you guys leave my hifi alone & for your info it was a vet bring back from WW1

i haven't got a relic liner so i cant do that & although some of of the original paint does still seem to be there its not enough to attempt a slight strip back to make it relic but i do aim to age it once done

?

well you would have some 78's now wouldn't ya old man

well i will see when i start work on over easter & see what happens

?

[QUOTE=PHILBROWN;45946]
    Quote by WolfMan73 View Post
    well you would have some 78's now wouldn't ya old man

thats elsie to you
    ok elsie is that at the weekends or in general

?

so all the time then

?

well ive been speaking to a guy i know about this helmet & he recons i should leave it alone & just remove the rank markings from the front but apart from that its in original condition & the repaint would have been done in the field as it were. so there you go thats that little project out the window as im all for keeping things in their original state so no more updates other then this one

Hi Nick, are the rank bars painted on or done in felt tip pen (sorry that is what I thought it looked like )? But I think you are doing the right thing.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Nick, are the rank bars painted on or done in felt tip pen (sorry that is what I thought it looked like )? But I think you are doing the right thing.

Cheers, Ade.
    hiya Ade

yeah mate it looks like marker pen or something ive now removed them & added a chin strap & liner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another fixed bail M1 US helmet   Another fixed bail M1 US helmet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast