Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another M1 Front Seam with Swival Bales

Article about: Hi guys, Here is another M1 helmet i found several years ago. Didn't get is inexpensively as the fixed bale as I paid \\$50 for this one but I still think I am ahead. This one is stamped "

Default Another M1 Front Seam with Swival Bales

Hi guys,

Here is another M1 helmet i found several years ago. Didn't get is inexpensively as the fixed bale as I paid $50 for this one but I still think I am ahead.

This one is stamped "808D" in front by the seam.

It has olive chin straps with what looks like black painted clasps.

The liner is stamped "W" with 31 under it. It also has a white square decal with a "W" and what I think is "MIGARTR" or could be "MICARYR". Hard to tell. Under that is *7952* or could be *1952* Again hard to tell.

The webbing in the liner is olive except for the back neck strap which is Khaki.

Please tell me what you think.

Thanks,

Another M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival BalesAnother M1 Front Seam with Swival Bales

?

Default Re: Another M1 Front Seam with Swival Bales

Mostly the mark in the liner is 52 this appear to be a ww2 fixed bail that was refitted with new chinstraps and issued in korea

Not fixed Bale,original stainless steel swivels early 44 production with later od7 webbing with T1 hook added at some stage,maybe early postwar,liner as stated a 1952 korean war westinghouse liner produced at there Micarta division,nice looking lid,thanks for showing...........Jake.

Thanks Jake, great information.

William