Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Another M1 in my sights

Article about: Can I have thoughts on this one, I'm hoping it's a late ww2 example. I have asked the seller for the heat stamp number in the shell. Not sure on price but looking to trade it for a ww1 imper

?

Default Another M1 in my sights

Can I have thoughts on this one, I'm hoping it's a late ww2 example. I have asked the seller for the heat stamp number in the shell. Not sure on price but looking to trade it for a ww1 imperial saw back butcher bayonet with frog.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M1 in my sights   Another M1 in my sights  

Another M1 in my sights  

Late-war rear-seam indeed. I would like to see some better photo's of the paint and texture before buying it though.

?

The shell is a schlueter made shell, which I believe was a ww2 producer only. Just need to see if it period paint.

?

Decided against the helmet, the guy wanted cash and the bayonet. still looking!

Was it a UK based sale?or oversea's?............

?

A uk based sale.

The shell is a schlueter made shell, which I believe was a ww2 producer only.

True that Schlueters were ONLY produced during WWII.
    While more rare than McCords, they are really not all that rare when it comes to swivel bail/bale/loop helmets.
    I would not pay more than $150 USD on this one (assuming the paint is good).
    To be honest, I would wait for a nice Fixed bail/bale/loop to come along.