Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another M1, original paint?

Article about: Hello! I have been offered to buy this M1 as well. Do you think the paint is original ww2? I know its not the best photos but they are all i got. Please let me know what you think! All the b

?

Default Another M1, original paint?

Hello!
    I have been offered to buy this M1 as well.
    Do you think the paint is original ww2?
    I know its not the best photos but they are all i got.
    Please let me know what you think!

All the best
    /Joakim

- - Updated - -

Btw this one is made oct 1943 and is a front seam

?

Default Re: Another M1, original paint?

Quote by Jocke View Post
    Hello!
    I have been offered to buy this M1 as well.
    Do you think the paint is original ww2?
    I know its not the best photos but they are all i got.
    Please let me know what you think!

All the best
    /Joakim

Btw this one is made oct 1943 and is a front seam
    That's not a simple question! Many helmets were repainted throughout WW2, and although repainted would still be considered original WW2. "Factory" paint, ie the original first coat of paint applied when
    the helmet was made is a different thing.
    As you say the photos are not the best, it would be nice to have them enlarge, but I would say a cautious yes to WW2 paint as normally later applied paint is much darker.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Thank you for the reply!
    ww2 paint is good enough for me, as the other one i bought had a much later paint and im looking for an ww2 helmet, repainted but ww2 paint is almost a + as that shows the helmet has been used!
    Anyone else who has an opinion?

Best regards
    /Joakim

?

So i got these close up pictures from the guy who is selling it.
    What do you guys think whit these better pictures?
    Could this be original paint?
    I have compared to other pictures but since i am new to this area, mostly have medals and airforce related things before but i want to learn, i am asking for your help please!

All the best
    /Joakim

?

to me the paint does not look WW2 it looks to have a 1960's silica finish that's been over painted with a darker OD green.

To just laborate on what Nicks already said the shell has Munsell paint showing through which is commonly known as apple green or pea green in either case was used on all production from 1968 onwards.original paint where scratched would expect to see bare steel,so this helmet has had at least 2 repaints postwar...have added an original for comparison to your one..........Jake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M1, original paint?   Another M1, original paint?  

?

Thanks alot for both of you!
    You just saved me some money!
    Then I will wait until I find a good one
    I guess i just have to study some more pictures here to know what to look for!

All the best!
    /Joakim

?

Irrelevant, deleted.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

"Study" Jocke is the key word,keep checking differant websites,books etc,even Ebay still sells quite a few originals....Experience comes with time.......Jake.

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    "Study" Jocke is the key word,keep checking differant websites,books etc,even Ebay still sells quite a few originals....Experience comes with time.......Jake.
    And grey hair and poverty.......................................
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast