Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another M1 Para D-Bail

Article about: I posted a link to this one on Dave's thread "Its all starting to look a bit too familiar." This one is interesting, and judging by the price so far, a lot of people feel this is r

?

Default Another M1 Para D-Bail

I posted a link to this one on Dave's thread "Its all starting to look a bit too familiar." This one is interesting, and judging by the price so far, a lot of people feel this is real. It looks OK, but the thing is, there is no prominence with it.
    Opinions would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Andy

WWII Camo Painted Airborne M2 D Bale w/ Inland Paratrooper Liner | eBay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M1 Para D-Bail   Another M1 Para D-Bail  

Another M1 Para D-Bail   Another M1 Para D-Bail  

Another M1 Para D-Bail  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Another M1 Para D-Bail

this one is the real deal its being sold by a forum member on USMF he collect's nothing but high end lids.

?

Thanks Nick, this is going to make serious money then, as everybody on that forum will be in the know and the word will be out that it is genuine. Will you be having a bid?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

to rich for my blood mate

Im going to way out with my first guess.
    $6100 and 31 bids with five days to go! Unbelievable!
    I wonder if it will beat the last one at $14000 surely not.
    Rod

?

D bails were never brazed on. Besides that fact it is a damned sloppy job. A pisspoor fake if I have ever seen one.
    It appears regular fixed bails have been broken off with a d shape being brazed on. D bales can be purchased at many sites.
    It also appears there is some shill bidding going on

?

its a field repair job not an attempt at faking it Ive seen a few like this shown by other collectors.

?

For posterity.

It sold for $6200.00, or £4024.00.

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Correction-
    Reserve not met, it didn't sell.

(Thanks Rod)

A
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]