Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Another M1 shell. Need help.

Article about: [ATTACHJust joined this website. Looks awesome so far. I bought this helmet last week to give to my son who loves playing Army with other kids in the neighborhood. Giving it to him for his b

Default Another M1 shell. Need help.

Another M1 shell.  Need help.[ATTACHJust joined this website. Looks awesome so far. I bought this helmet last week to give to my son who loves playing Army with other kids in the neighborhood. Giving it to him for his birthday coming up. It's a rear seam swivel bail. Inside the shell are the numbers 609. Any guess as to the year made? Thanks.Another M1 shell.  Need help.
    Last edited by Buckshot; 12-27-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: pics

Default Re: Another M1 shell. Need help.

Hi and welcome the shell was made between 1970-1976 in Quebec canada,by R.J.stampings.regards Dave.

yea its a early-mid 70's shell the liner chinstrap is a repro though .cheers and welcome to the forum

NCA
    ?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Hi and welcome the shell was made between 1970-1976 in Quebec canada,by R.J.stampings.regards Dave.
    How can you tell this?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    yea its a early-mid 70's shell the liner chinstrap is a repro though .cheers and welcome to the forum
    Those chinstraps are quite common..how do you know its a repro?

*ah, LINER chinstrap!Yes, i agree.wrong colour..*

Thanks. The liner is a repro. It was made in 1991.

yep the color got me haha i have one almost like it and i have a euro one from the 50's that looks the same.but the heat stamp im guessing thats how he worked it out .the chinstrap really does look 70's as well cheers

I guess that's why I only had to pay $19.00 dollars for it.

?

Welcome to the forum Buckshot. Any chance of a photo of the inside of the liner? The liner chinstrap looks like a Euro one to me.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Here is the liner.

Another M1 shell.  Need help.
    Another M1 shell.  Need help.