Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Another M1 for the U.S. Collection

Article about: nah thats ok im trying to get a rough date of the shell but the heat stamp you gave as 499A doesn't seem right as its to low for a swivel bail these came into use in November 43 & by thi

Default Re: Another M1 for the U.S. Collection

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    I think the Camo cover that yours is the later version after the War was over, but I'm not sure
    thanks, but the only thing about my cammo cover is it doesn't have a lot of black in it like the woodland cover, it may be one of the end of the war in NAM, don't really know, it had writing , but I washed it & I guess the machine rubbed it all out, oh well it's in pretty rough shape anyway. take care. Marty

?

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Here you are Nick, The part of the chinstrap that harder to read says "Death" And then the arts after that are more clear. I'm unsure if this is a reissue helmet also, I bought this on ebay a couple years back for 50$ The heat stamp is 45A, And the liner speaks for itself...
    another very nice reissued M-1 could this be another Schlueter shell as the heat stamp is too low to be a rear seamed swivel bail McCord made shell ?

I just looked at the other one, I don't see any other stamps on the brim

?

well the problem is with such a low heat stamp if made by McCord it should be a front seamed fixed bail shell so either theres another number there thats being obscured or the S has been missed in the stamping process but still the number is very low for this type of shell ???

Well when I look at the heatstamp it almost looks like there might be a 1 thats lightly struck but its hard to tell

?

well i just cant be sure about the number but what i am sure about is it is a reissued late WW2 shell

Thanks again Nick, Your knowing of all this is just amazing . Should I display the second one?

?

if you have a place to display it then go for it i would

I'll look for a spot then

Heres how I'm gonna display the two, With my 1976 AR-15 modeled after the M16A1. I got the idea to put the bullets on the side from a well known movie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M1 for the U.S. Collection  

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast