Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Another M1 for the U.S. Collection

Article about: nah thats ok im trying to get a rough date of the shell but the heat stamp you gave as 499A doesn't seem right as its to low for a swivel bail these came into use in November 43 & by thi

?

Default Re: Another M1 for the U.S. Collection

looks good mate nice job

One last question, What year would the Camo cover been made in?

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    your display looks great, it looks good with the bullets in the band, there is a army/navy surplus store close to where I live they have the headbands for about a dollar, or 2 forgot now, just bought a m-1c para helmet, got it for 30.00, only thing missing is a sweat band, but I have an extra one, they are just $5.00 at the same store, they clip together, it's a lot better than the ones with the square hoop that you have to clip onto the other side. sorry I'm just happy I got the para & another rear seam & liner today. total for both was close to $45.00 for both. your cammo cover is probably later 60's-very early 70's, I will try to go back & look at the inside of your pic of your cover, if you can see the #'s in it the year will be in all that long mess of #'s, it could even be early 60's but judging by it's condition, my guess would be late 60's-very early 70'ssee if you can read the #'s & let me know. man I wish the wife hadn't lost the hook up for our camera, but oh well I don't have the lids yet anyway, but I could post pic's of all my other stuff. take care.

ok my eyes are not that great, but on your cover the top # is that a - 70 that could be the year, but I'm not an expert, but my last 6 months in army service I was in supply. the year is in all those #'s though. good luck, gotta go sons of anarchy is coming on. later. Marty

?

it looks to be dated 1970

I found out the scoop on the helmet covers , mine is army issue, but the twill ones you have are called MITCHELL"S, guess it's the co. that made them from around 65, the thing I read said 68, but being that yours is a 70 model, seems it was longer, I had only seen a couple of them before, but I bought 2, funny one of mine said 70 on it also, but I am trying to buy a unissued bundle of 6 of them right now. sorry I never knew this, but had wondered if they were marines, or something, but I did notice all of them I have seen have a spot or 2 of yellow. oh well just letting you know about your cover guess it's named after the guy who probably came up the design, not the co. funny I signed up with the army back then, but Nam ended in 75 & I had 1 more year of high school to go, plus I think we had pulled all combat troops in 73? but they wouldn't let me join anyway, my recruiter had gotten busted for pot. LOL. so they tore up my contract. but till this day I still admire our vet's, but especially those from Viet Nam & Korea, they never got treated right by a lot of the people from this country & as a fellow combat vet this bothers me, no it pis------- me off! but those are nice helmet covers I like them because they really are subdued. also it's something I just learned about after seeing NICKs cover, then yours, but since I bought 2 the other day I really do hope that guy will sell me the bundle now, because I am going to put one on my 2nd later para helmet.
    Last edited by crazy horse; 11-17-2010 at 09:50 PM.

I hear you man, I helped a few Marine vets that had some money problems on the way home from Cali, Gave them what money I had and said thank you for your service. No matter what war, conflict, they need to be thanked.

I hear you man, I helped a few Marine vets that had some money problems on the way home from Cali, Gave them what money I had and said thank you for your service. No matter what war, conflict, they need to be thanked.
    that was cool of you, that mauser sling still working out ok for you? take care, oh yeah I won the bundle of helmet covers on ebay. talk to you later. Marty

I've got it on my Turk M1903 Mauser, It works out good

I've got it on my Turk M1903 Mauser, It works out good
    good deal, I think it was a yugo sling, glad it worked out for you, take care. Marty

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6