Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another M1 your opinions welcomed.

Article about: Hi folks Bought this about five years ago its a front seam, swivel bale with heatstamp 928A and that,s were my knowledge ends. The bullet hole I don,t know if it is a later addition but the

Default Another M1 your opinions welcomed.

Hi folks
    Bought this about five years ago its a front seam, swivel bale with heatstamp 928A and that,s were my knowledge ends. The bullet hole I don,t know if it is a later addition but the webbing inside has rotted away and whats left has a very suspicious colour of red.
    Any opinions welcomed.

Thanks Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M1 your opinions welcomed.   Another M1 your opinions welcomed.  

Another M1 your opinions welcomed.   Another M1 your opinions welcomed.  

Another M1 your opinions welcomed.   Another M1 your opinions welcomed.  

Default Re: Another M1 your opinions welcomed.

The helmet Liner is U.S. there's something funny about the helmet shell though. Its just to shinny for a combat helmet.

hi i think the bullet hole was done fairly recently the colour of the rust around the exit hole looks to be fresher than the rest of the helmet , also blood stains tend to go very dark almost black on most things over time so i think it may have been played with. i hope im wrong but to me it doesnt look right

?

well the liner is a nice early Vietnam era one, if there was blood in it, it wouldn't be red anymore so i would have to agree the bullet hole was done later maybe by someone having a bit of fun or trying to give some kinda cock & ball story to add value to it but i could be wrong ?????

Hi
    Thanks for your opinions,I least I now know the period of the liner what about the shell is it possible WW2. The damage around the entry and exit hole is very old due to the corrosion of which is hard to make out with my pictures.

Thanks again Martin

it looks to be a ww2 shell with the front seam i cannot remember when the swivel bails came in but it was during the latter half of ww2 it may have been repainted as stated before its just too glossy for a combat helmet. has the liner got matching bullet holes?

Hi
    Yeah the liner has also been pierced with the same bullet and its has been repainted rather roughly at one time. I will load some close-ups tomorrow.

Thanks again Martin

It's a nice conversation piece ! !........
    Maybe it's holed from target practice ?

?

the shell is WW2 era being that its front seamed as i think it was from about late 1944 the seam went to rear.

Hi Again
    I have loaded a few close-ups of the holes anyway whatever way it got them you,re right it is definitely a conversation piece especially among the women "how can you have something so gruesome in the house ".

Thanks Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M1 your opinions welcomed.   Another M1 your opinions welcomed.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast