Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Another one.oh dear must stop.

Article about: love that lid Jake my boy, now that white liner, did you see the other he was selling? MSA, i got that small world eh, Ste

love that lid Jake my boy, now that white liner, did you see the other he was selling? MSA, i got that small world eh,
    Ste

Quote by Opex View Post
    Excellent purchases Jake,really impressed as ever Buddy.

What are the decals on the white Firestone??...most intriguing....??
    Ohio State University Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) ???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Could well be Ned,never saw that one Steve,went to London for a few days and only had this on watching,whats it like mate?any pics available........

Yes mate of course, looks like some kid took a crayon to to it, small crack near the rim, and check the snapped chinstrap (easy repair) sold as a MSA liner

Well I be,fancy that two forum members both buying liners from the same seller,whats the odds hey mate,thanks for the pics.............

no worries bud, just hoping that strap is the real deal, the liner is a bonus, i may sell that capac/westinghouse 1951 liner now i have two period ones, love that shell Jake bloody import tax though any way around it.

?

Another good pick up Jake and I agree the liner will display rather well in the shell I am currently watching a couple of schlueter's one with a LT bar on the front and an ETO follow me bar to the rear would love to be able to add it to my collection it has no liner though so I am dreading searching out a nice example to match it if I win the helmet.

Regards Mark

?

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Not sure Gary something to do with Ohio University?out of choice would have prefered original olive drab paint but personally I think the price would have been more,besides its inside the shell so cannot be seen,and these are getting much harder these days to find in this sort of condition,especially these mid-war versions,thanks for dropping by..............
    No worries Jake, totally agree this period of liner is getting very hard to source in the condition it is, you did well with this one

Thanks Gary,I did debate with regards to the white,but decided to go for it as the price was pretty good and hardly no postage,Mark its a real headache trying to find the perfect match,usually thats why I try and purchase a complete set where possible,just takes the strain away (well a little I suppose),best of luck with your latest quest.............

Just an update,recieved the liner yesterday,and the overall condition is fab.the webbing/nape/sweatband/shoestring tie are all in top notch,have to chuckle,the off white paint is old most likely 1950's but trying to fit it inside the shell with the net on is a no brainer,the paint is too textured and therefore unable to fit without it sticking right out,so either remove the net or use it in another shellpics to follow when time allows.............

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast