Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another pair of M1's I am looking at

Article about: Here you go Rod, Home of the M-1 Helmet there are also a few others out there that have a lot of information. I have been watching the auction and it just jumped to \\$160 with 4 hours to go,

Default Another pair of M1's I am looking at

I found someone who is willing to sell some of their M1's. Both appear to be in good shape and one has the Hawley liner. The Hawley liner and helmet is $500 and the other M1 is $350. I am fairly confident in picking out originals and later helmets but I would like to have your more experienced opinions.

Here are pictures of the Hawley liner one:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another pair of M1's I am looking at   Another pair of M1's I am looking at  

Another pair of M1's I am looking at   Another pair of M1's I am looking at  

Default Re: Another pair of M1's I am looking at

and the other M1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another pair of M1's I am looking at   Another pair of M1's I am looking at  

?

Both good helmets well worth the money.
    I have seen Hawley liners in that condition sell for $500.00 by itself.

?

as Steve said both are are looking good especially the Hawley liner one & both at a good price

I would get the hawley one in a heart beat! but I think you should pass on the other one. - Nick K

Thanks guys! I am definitely trying to get the Hawley liner and helmet. I was thinking about getting both but I can use the money for other items. If you are interested in the M1 for $350 I can give you contact details for the guy.

I also noticed the Hawley liner does not have a nape strap (I believe that's what it is called) did this liner not have these or was it lost over time?

Alec

?

the nape strap on the Hawley is just missing they can be found on ebay from time to time if you ever want to replace it.

Hi Folks
    I have a couple of questions about Hawley liners.
    With them being early should they have wire sweat band adjuster and should the hard ware on the leather chin strap not be green. I realise on this example it may be that they have just been replaced because this Hawley looks like a cracker and a great price as well.go for it thefight. I just wanted to educate myself thanks guys.

Also is it just the really early ones that have the radon webbing instead of heron bone and rectangle washers instead of A shaped. Any imformation would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance Rod.

In 1942 they switched from square to A shaped. I couldn't give you 100% answers on any of the other questions but there was a really good site that had a lot of info on Hawley's. Once I find it I will get you the link.

Alec

Thanks Alec I would appreciate that .
    I still think thats a bargain that other one i was telling you about even for spares.
    Cheers Rod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast