Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any details about this M1 liner

Article about: I have been researching this liner, trying to learn anything about it. Unfortunately I am very uneducated on anything after WWII. All I can tell is that this liner is after WWII and it's an

Brian Bishop
    ?

Default Any details about this M1 liner

I have been researching this liner, trying to learn anything about it. Unfortunately I am very uneducated on anything after WWII. All I can tell is that this liner is after WWII and it's an M1 liner. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Specifically I would like to know if it's even authentic, and if so what era is it from. The color is an olive drab on the inside and outside. There is writing on the head band but it's impossible to make out. The only other thing is -40- in yellow on the inner back. Thank you all in advance, Brian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any details about this M1 liner   Any details about this M1 liner  

Any details about this M1 liner   Any details about this M1 liner  

Any details about this M1 liner  

Going by the nape strap date - it's a 1979 airborne liner. I stand to be corrected.

100 79 mark on the sweat band means that's when it was made, so most probably the whole thing was made around then.
    to me its a 1979 American M1c paratroopers jump liner.
    that 5 bucks please for the forum.
    just joking!
    wait and see if others can tell you more.

Brian Bishop
    ?

Thank you both, that's already four times as much information as knew before and it's a big help.

Quote by Brian Bishop View Post
    Thank you both, that's already four times as much information as knew before and it's a big help.
    No worries and welcome

Firestone nylon m1 combat liner type ii contracted 1964 and 1967 most are usually the 67 type which always seem to be the most common seen,no other contracts exist................never assume the date by what sweatband is in the liner as this could well have added last week........p.s welcome Brian

Hi Jake always willing to learn here, what tells us that’s its a firestone made liner, is that what the yellow 40 signifies.
    Rod

That is correct Rod,the yellow stamp is ungiue to all nylon Firestone p64 liners,but besides that for example if the stamp was to fade away,then you can narrow your guess down to 3 makers as they were the only 3 to be issued the type ii contract!!!!Firestone/Marmac/Speciallity plastic products.........

It was common practice to issue out a new sweatband every so often so you find older liners with newer sweatbands.
    Also, didn't the removable cradles come out pre 1979?

That very true cammbunker I have a mid ww2 liner with a 1963 sweatband that issued to a British UN soldier in 1985
    Thank you Jake I don’t know much about these.
    I wonder why firestone changed their makers mark from there ww2 type mark. Would this maker have a ink stamp on the webbing.
    Regards
    Rod

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast