Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Anyone have an M1 Korean War Era helmet for sale?

Article about: Anyone have an m1 helmet from the Korean War Era they would part with? Really looking for one that is tied to the 24th infantry.

Default Anyone have an M1 Korean War Era helmet for sale?

Anyone have an m1 helmet from the Korean War Era they would part with? Really looking for one that is tied to the 24th infantry.

?

I would recommend the US Military Forum 41mauser they have a decent classified section ( For Sale ,Want and Trade ) and I have seen quite a few KW era lids come up for sale there and have purchased a few M-1'S my self from the classifieds there ..
    I cant be positive but if memory serves me correct I think you have to be a member to look at the classifieds so you will have to join I have attached a link below to the sight..

U.S. Militaria Forum

Regards Mark

They do turn up on eBay every now and again but you need to know what your looking for. I've got about 5 or 6 Korean War sets so look at my ones and others who posted there examples to get an idea what to look for. Get a copy of Reynosa's book of post war M1 helmets and study it Good luck

I just wanted to add that as some 20 million steel pots and 33 million liners were produced during the 4 years of WW2,many remained in service and most probably worn in Korea so to actually get a KW Helmet is difficult at best,many of the 51 McCord shells were merely a topup on supply and has been suggested that these shells along with the contracted liners produced by Capac and Westinghouse between 51-54 may not of actually seen combat,or only in small numbers,the same with Vietnam era issued headgear,the service life depended on the condition of the Helmet set in general,if it was up to standard then it was worn,the US military never threw away items just because a new batch had been produced they just stayed in supply depots as replacements.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    I just wanted to add that as some 20 million steel pots and 33 million liners were produced during the 4 years of WW2,many remained in service and most probably worn in Korea so to actually get a KW Helmet is difficult at best,many of the 51 McCord shells were merely a topup on supply and has been suggested that these shells along with the contracted liners produced by Capac and Westinghouse between 51-54 may not of actually seen combat,or only in small numbers,the same with Vietnam era issued headgear,the service life depended on the condition of the Helmet set in general,if it was up to standard then it was worn,the US military never threw away items just because a new batch had been produced they just stayed in supply depots as replacements.
    Yeah totally agree Jake look at this picture I found of US soldiers in Vietnam (need to zoom in). The soldier on the left with his M1 on the ground appears to have a WW2 M1 with a Mitchell cover. The chinstraps are definitely sewn on and the colour of the webbing suspension appears to be WW2. The guy on the right is wearing an M1C look at the open cup chinstrap hanging down from the liner. Mishmash of helmets and parts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anyone have an M1 Korean War Era helmet for sale?  

Exactly Ian,proof in the pudding.!great pic thanks.!

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    Yeah totally agree Jake look at this picture I found of US soldiers in Vietnam (need to zoom in). The soldier on the left with his M1 on the ground appears to have a WW2 M1 with a Mitchell cover. The chinstraps are definitely sewn on and the colour of the webbing suspension appears to be WW2. The guy on the right is wearing an M1C look at the open cup chinstrap hanging down from the liner. Mishmash of helmets and parts
    USMC in the pic, always had the last pick from the QMD