Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arvn ranger helmet

Article about: Picked up this rare ARVN Ranger helmet. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Default Arvn ranger helmet

Picked up this rare ARVN Ranger helmet.
    Hope you enjoy the photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Arvn ranger helmet   Arvn ranger helmet  

Arvn ranger helmet   Arvn ranger helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images Arvn ranger helmet 

I have been watching this helmet over at USMF. An absolutely stunning helmet I am proud to see that you won this one. I know you took a large gamble but this one truly paid off. The only way you could top this one is to find another, but this may be the only one around. if there is another one out there I would love to have it in my collection. Again a GREAT FIND!!!! WOW!!!!!
    Mart
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Some paint job - Pretty flashy......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Not experienced to call it either way so will leave that to others. But boy, if real this is awesome!!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Cool

Psychedelic Sixties baby!

Oz

This helmet to those do not know is a very rare helmet and to those in the Vietnam helmet collecting world is a helmet to be had for the collection. A fine example to be had.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Just for simple minded folk like myself,how does one tell an original from the zillion fakes that have flooded the market over the past year,everywhere i turn there seems to be an ARVN pot staring out of some web page at me...................

Thank you for you kind comments.

To tank destroyer:
    Yes I was really lucky to get this one.
    You said " this may be the only one around."
    I have never seen one like it.

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Just for simple minded folk like myself,how does one tell an original from the zillion fakes that have flooded the market over the past year,everywhere i turn there seems to be an ARVN pot staring out of some web page at me...................
    I have to agree it is very hard to tell. This one appears to be an un-issued WWII helmet (judging by the minty straps), painted but not used? very lightly used? by the ARVN. Nice helmet though!

I dont really understand why people say that it is hard to tell whether it is original.
    Collectors look at painted WWII, Korean War and TR helmets and Camo helmets all the time and decide whether they are original.
    No difference here.
    Also the straps are not mint.
    They just look that way from the photos.
    Frankly this one is a "one looker" in hand.

OH and BTW, I did not post it for authentication as I am confident about it.
    I merely posted the helmet to share.
    Hope you enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast