Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo Net

Article about: I have this net, and I'm looking for opinions please. Attachment 485679 Could it be this type?

?

Default Camo Net

I have this net, and I'm looking for opinions please.

Camo NetCamo NetCamo NetAttachment 485679Camo NetCamo NetCamo Net

Could it be this type?

Camo NetCamo Net
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Camo Net

Is it British perhaps?

?

Hi Andy, It's Canadian, I think the yanks used them as well as the British ones.

?

Forgot to say, I have one the same. You can see how much work goes into one of these nets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo Net   Camo Net  

Camo Net  

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Forgot to say, I have one the same. You can see how much work goes into one of these nets.
    Thanks tinlid.
    Well these nets are turning out to be a whole sub division of helmet collecting! They are confusing to say the least, with all the post war types circulating too.
    There does seem to have been a lot of effort put into producing something as disposable as a helmet net with this type.
    This particular example came from a seller in Australia, he's selling them as jungle camo nets. I emailed the seller and he explained that they came from a military case. :-)
    Well as they are Canadian (and wartime production I take it,) the price was reasonable.
    So it would be entirely possible for this type of net to be the one in the picture I suspect.
    Last edited by aj4010; 03-17-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

The debate regarding Helmet Nets will continue for an eternity....whats WW2 or postwar or european made etc.....a minefield to say the least.....Jake.

?

I also got mine from Oz, same seller. The description was wrong but it's still a WW2 Canadian net.
    I think your pretty well ok with a woven net as being WW2 it's the knotted type that can be hard to tell as the British made them into the 50's as well.
    When the British Mk3 came out in 43 into 44 they started making the nets bigger as the Mk3 was bigger by 12% from horizontal missiles, 15% against vertical missiles & 11% bigger against Vulnerable areas.
    The early British woven nets do fit the Mk3 but is a bit of a job getting it on, the first knotted nets are about 16" x 16" & are probably all WW2, the later knotted nets 18" x 18" which must have come out in 43/44 could be WW2 or post war, impossible to tell the difference.
    Here's another WW2 pic of a Canadian net being worn on the M1.
    Attached Images Attached Images Camo Net 

Great info Aaron,interesting as my one is 18x18 and was sold as WW2 spec so maybe postwar after all?as you say impossible to tell......Jake.

?

Well I had to try it out.
    It went on very easily, though I did wet it first. The results look quite good I think.

Camo Net

Camo Net

Camo Net
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I have one, I was also issued one in 1991 to go over my Aussie made M1 lid....they were pulled out of a box dated 1945...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast