Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Can you ID my m1 helmet?

Article about: hehe thanks James

Default Re: Can you ID my m1 helmet?

Get a Mitchell cover and you're good to go!

hehe i will also i will take a band...glad to have a piece of the Vietnam war

Quote by GreekMilitaria View Post
    so it's not a Vietnam era helmet?
    vietnam war was from 1959-1975 your fits into this time frame ,that doesnt mean to say it saw action in vietnam though
    Regards James

i didn't assumed that it took action in the Vietnam war ...but its the same helmet they used back then so with a cover and a band it will look very good for my collection and it will be "identical"

?

Hi All! I am pretty certain that is a Westinghouse makers mark on the liner... Could be wrong as this is not my main area but I didnt think Westinghouse made liners post Vietnam. Cheers! Sean.

Yes i also think that W inside the liner stands for Westinghouse...thanks for the reply though!!

hi secondly we need to establish if the shell is original to the liner or vice versa
    Regards James

do you need any pictures for that?(keep in mind that it was used by Greek army during the 70s-80s...US gave us those and i think they were already used)

?

Very nice, and it's made by Westinghouse, could be Vietnam era, it has the Anchor of the chin strap,so it all points to that potential era.

I have a Greek Lizard print cover, that would sit nicely on this Greek used M1 ( I traded it with James,as a matter of fact) it is interesting to see a Greek used M1,as other than reference pictures I have not seen any,so thanks for showing this fine example!!

A great find in my opinion!

Regards ,Opex.

Westinghouse-capac made liners post WW2. Check to see if it has both the W and capac cross

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast