Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Can you ID my m1 helmet?

Article about: hehe thanks James

?

Default Re: Can you ID my m1 helmet?

looks like a very nice 1960's era M-1 to me add a camo cover & foliage band (without cats eyes) & you'll have a good NAM representative M-1 for display.

yes I am planing of getting them next week :-D

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very nice, and it's made by Westinghouse, could be Vietnam era, it has the Anchor of the chin strap,so it all points to that potential era.

I have a Greek Lizard print cover, that would sit nicely on this Greek used M1 ( I traded it with James,as a matter of fact) it is interesting to see a Greek used M1,as other than reference pictures I have not seen any,so thanks for showing this fine example!!

A great find in my opinion!

Regards ,Opex.
    of course the lizard helmet cover opex ,im glad you still have it i still cherish the choc chip m1 cover ,regards james
    Regards James

Quote by Opex View Post
    Very nice, and it's made by Westinghouse, could be Vietnam era, it has the Anchor of the chin strap,so it all points to that potential era.

I have a Greek Lizard print cover, that would sit nicely on this Greek used M1 ( I traded it with James,as a matter of fact) it is interesting to see a Greek used M1,as other than reference pictures I have not seen any,so thanks for showing this fine example!!

A great find in my opinion!

Regards ,Opex.
    i also agree with opex ,as it is greek issue m1 the lizard pattern cover would be more in keeping especially with the wearers inscription on the liner band than fitting a us nam mitchell cover ,it would be compared to me fitting a canadian net to my british issue mk11 but its your helmet so its entirely up to you greek militaria
    Regards James

I wanted to make it look more "Vientam" but the Greek's soldier name on it can go well with a lizard cover i will think about it

great stuff greek militaria ,what ever you decide dont forget to post the results on herejames
    Regards James

i will update the thread with a new picture when i finish with it don't worry i will tell you

I think that we(Greek Army i mean) are still using M1 shells among with Kevlar ones

yes but not the 70s made though newer ones

Looks to be be a post 68 made shell with the original paint underneath and the liner was produced between 64-69...............Jake.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast