Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Can you ID my m1 helmet?

Article about: hehe thanks James

Default Re: Can you ID my m1 helmet?

hello that's all i can get as a "marking" but i think it's just some writings by the soldier

Can you ID my m1 helmet?

The only thing you can tell about the steel pot is that it is a rear seam helmet. Since it is rear seam it has to be a swivel bail/bale. It could be a late WWII helmet that was reprinted for later use or a VN era lid. I need to know if there are any heat lot stamps under the brim of the helmet to know for sure.

i got some pics for you if you want something more just tell me Serial No (1 1536)
    Can you ID my m1 helmet?Can you ID my m1 helmet?Can you ID my m1 helmet?Can you ID my m1 helmet?Can you ID my m1 helmet?Can you ID my m1 helmet?Can you ID my m1 helmet?

Definitely a post WWII shell. WWII McCord shells would have a 1-4 digit number followed by a latter from the alphabet. Schlueter shells have a large S stamped on the shell along with a number.

ok so shell is from the 60s-70s too?

- - Updated - -

?

so an Ingersoll (1966-1968) happy to hear that thank you

?

no worries

Quote by James C View Post
    great stuff greek militaria ,what ever you decide dont forget to post the results on herejames

So after a long time i got my Greek woodland cover for it i like it very much Can you ID my m1 helmet?

that is just superb GM i like the finished result ,the cover is far better suited to your m1 ,well done ,james

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast