Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian M-1

Article about: No worries Jake thanx for the lesson they are rather new to me and I find them an extremley interesting helmet . Regards Mark

?

Default Canadian M-1

I recently added this Canadian M-1 to my collection my compliments to Pete ( Zwerge ) for offering it to me it is in unissued condition and came with two spare woodland covers .
    I have two in my collection but this one by far is in much better condition than my other example which IMO is an early produced shell by R.J. Stampings of Smith Falls Ontario there is a bit of a learning curve going on here as I do not have a lot of reference material on Canadian produced M-1 helmets liners and components so I will need to do some more reading up.
    The chinstrap is a type-1 which was adopted after 1970 with snap fasteners and a web chin cup and if I am not mistaken the liner is of the nylon type with the crossed web suspension modeled after the US T-55 if anyone could recommend a good web site and or reference book on the M-1 that includes the Canadian variation and it's components I would appreciate it .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian M-1   Canadian M-1  

Canadian M-1   Canadian M-1  

Last edited by Mark K; 03-08-2014 at 04:32 PM.

?

I used to have one just like that!.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

I thought you might recognize this particular M-1 Pete.

Regards Mark

Nice Helmet Mark "the last generation" of this iconic lid,but im a bit confused on a few things.A-it looks like a normal US M1 Helmet?or have i missed anything?also i never knew there were two production plants for RJ Stampings MFG?sorry for the dimness,its the kids frying my brain..........

?

No markings in the helmet at all Jake perhaps I am the one missing something.
    As to the R.J. Stampings plant that little tid bit of info came from Lucy's book TinLids if I am mistaken on anything more than happy to learn as they are quite new in my collecting field.

Regards Mark

I have moved it to the M1 forum for you Mark.

It looks really good, but not my area so not for me to comment otherwise on the finer points of it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanx Jerry with any luck I will get a little lesson on the M-1and it's components .

Regards Mark

Sorry Mark if I sounded a bit harsh earlier mate,the point i was simply making was that this M1 Helmet is a standard US mid 1970's- mid 1980's Helmet regardless of whether it was issued to Canadian Armed Forces,there is nothing that depicts it from the latter,all US contracted shells were produced at there Quebec plant,now they may well of had a second plant that did infact produce Canadian contracted shells however i cannot comment on that as i simply dont know,everything on that Helmet is what you would expect to see on any late M1 Helmet even the liner and cover/chinstrap are all the usual specs,hope thats helped a bit.........

?

That is a slick lid buddy.

?

Thanx Steve a lttle out of the norm of what I collect but I can see how they could become addictive as they are such an iconic helmet and have such a long service life.

Regards Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast