Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Captain Casey's M1

Article about: As I'm off work with Something Particularly Nasty at the moment and have plenty of spare time, I thought I'd post this one for comments. It's a "been there" McCord fixed bail, miss

?

Default Captain Casey's M1

As I'm off work with Something Particularly Nasty at the moment and have plenty of spare time, I thought I'd post this one for comments. It's a "been there" McCord fixed bail, missing a chinstrap, with a Westinghouse liner. The heatstamp has been worn off so I cant date it exactly. The liner sweatband is well used, so the leather strip has worn away. I took plenty of photos of this one as I quite like the old girl. I may have posted the odd shot of this one before, but I think she deserves a decent post of her own.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Best Regards,

Andy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Captain Casey's M1   Captain Casey's M1  

Captain Casey's M1   Captain Casey's M1  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: Captain Casey's M1

Whats to say?? I like it a lot.
    Its a fantastic display piece.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Thanks for the kind comment Nuno.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Very nice! I have a "thing", a like, for the named/marked liners like this one. Sure is a beauty.

Very nice M1.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks for the comments gentlemen.

Best Regards,

Andy.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Nice one Andy
    Is that silver paint on the liner and white for the lid.
    Nice to see it has its original liner chin strap, I was just reading on another forum about one of these straps selling for $224 last week madness eh.
    I was wondering why you don,t seem to have been posting much lately. Hope you get well soon and hope its not to serious.
    Best regards
    Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Nice one Andy
    Is that silver paint on the liner and white for the lid.
    Nice to see it has its original liner chin strap, I was just reading on another forum about one of these straps selling for $224 last week madness eh.
    I was wondering why you don,t seem to have been posting much lately. Hope you get well soon and hope its not to serious.
    Best regards
    Rod
    Hello Rod. Yes, silver with a green painted border on the liner, and white on the pot.
    Those green buckle chinstraps are selling for stupid money, supply and demand I suppose as they become rarer. Watch out for the aged fakes appearing soon on eBay.What I have found that they are cheaper to buy when sold with a liner, although those are getting rarer too. The last one I picked up was on a Westie and cost £40.00, crazy.
    Thanks mate, I should be OK soon.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]