MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Chinstrap Loop

Article about: Every so often, there are helmets that shows up here with a particular kind of non issue steel pot chinstrap buckle. I've come across this that shows what looks like that particular buckle a

?

Default Chinstrap Loop

Every so often, there are helmets that shows up here with a particular kind of non issue steel pot chinstrap buckle. I've come across this that shows what looks like that particular buckle and the original strap it was issued on. So perhaps the helmets seen here occasionally have been field repaired using this particular item?
    Is this the source of the mystery loop?

Chinstrap Loop
    Chinstrap Loop
    Chinstrap Loop
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Default Re: Chinstrap Loop

Ive seen a couple of M-1s pop up from time to time with this type of chin strap set up on them & have always wondered where they might have come from now we know thanks for posting this Andy

?

Default Re: Chinstrap Loop

Quote by NickD View Post
    Ive seen a couple of M-1s pop up from time to time with this type of chin strap set up on them & have always wondered where they might have come from now we know thanks for posting this Andy
    I've seen plenty of questions about these on different forums and never found an answer. I hope this is it finally........................................... .........
    Depot/field repair possibly?
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]