Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner

Article about: Hello all, I'm sure some of you have seen my other post on the USAAF Visor I picked up. I also picked up this helmet liner with the visor. Not something I would normal collect but it looked

?

Default Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner

Hello all,

I'm sure some of you have seen my other post on the USAAF Visor I picked up. I also picked up this helmet liner with the visor. Not something I would normal collect but it looked cool. Appears to be a WWII westinghouse helmet liner, with a W in a circle and a 30 above it. It is painted for Civil Defense use, with RADEF painted above the decal. From what I have found "RADEF" (Radiological Defense), were responsible for monitoring Radiation levels and running radiological monitoring stations. It has the owners name in it and what I believe is his social security number, but could possibly be an employee number or something of the sort. Any ideas on where I might be able to find more info on the owner would be greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner   Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner  

Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner   Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner  

Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner   Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner  

Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner  
    Last edited by dramos; 06-06-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Default Re: Civil Defense RADEF Helmet Liner

Nice liner Dougshame there's no Nape or period sweatband,but luv the paintwork................Jake.