Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

coloring around bottom of m1 helmet

Article about: Just wanted to chime on this thread since I saw it on my referring links to my marron and blue lid. Also the red lid which was from paratrooper.fr I also have in my collection. When I posted

WWII Drop Zone
    ?

Default Re: coloring around bottom of m1 helmet

Just wanted to chime on this thread since I saw it on my referring links to my marron and blue lid. Also the red lid which was from paratrooper.fr I also have in my collection.

When I posted up my helmet with the red band up on USMF another member posted a similar helmet that was supposed to have belonged to a soldier who was in the USCG and took part in D-Day, but there was no ID in the helmet. I was also contacted by a few people who had found pics of Navy personnel who were loading up wounded to be transported who had a similar stripe. Unfortunately the pic was in black and white but based on the fact that they grey tone in the pic seemed to match the red of a few medics marked lids, the possibility was there that it might be D-Day.

The one which I have from paratrooper.fr has a partial ASN on it which I have never been able to identify, so unless color photographs or video surfaces I don't think we will ever really know how these were used.

Ok, thanks. This was a great discovery after i bought it no knowing

Quote by WWII Drop Zone View Post
    Just wanted to chime on this thread since I saw it on my referring links to my marron and blue lid. Also the red lid which was from paratrooper.fr I also have in my collection.

When I posted up my helmet with the red band up on USMF another member posted a similar helmet that was supposed to have belonged to a soldier who was in the USCG and took part in D-Day, but there was no ID in the helmet. I was also contacted by a few people who had found pics of Navy personnel who were loading up wounded to be transported who had a similar stripe. Unfortunately the pic was in black and white but based on the fact that they grey tone in the pic seemed to match the red of a few medics marked lids, the possibility was there that it might be D-Day.

The one which I have from paratrooper.fr has a partial ASN on it which I have never been able to identify, so unless color photographs or video surfaces I don't think we will ever really know how these were used.
    do you have any more pictures of the helmets that we didnt post or any old pictures of actual soldiers with helmets like these?

?

I think the red at the bottom could be possibly for an artillery regiment, I have seen liners with the red stripe at the bottom that were for artillery and engineer units

You really should have left the black paint on it.
    chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3