MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

d bale maybe

Article about: did everyone see the pictures of the D-bales close up? i just got back from work and got the message that she added more

Default Re: d bale maybe

Yes, it was just posted

Ok, but is it posted on ebay france, ebay belgium or another european ebay, or is it on ebay united states? I ask you so because if on ebay united states it is a repro 99%

Well with a link, fake or real, SHE GONE NOW

I like threads like these, it lets me show of my gem in my collection. This was bought in the UK from someone who never knew what they had, It came with a regular mid war westy M1 liner I can only imagine that it had an original para hawley liner in it at the start of its life.
    Rod
    d bale  maybed bale  maybed bale  maybed bale  maybe
    Last edited by plumbob; 06-29-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: my bad! mixed up!

?

Quote by Gunakibomb View Post
    Well with a link, fake or real, SHE GONE NOW
    its also being discussed on USMF Weird helmet on eBay. M2? - STEEL AND KEVLAR HELMETS - U.S. Militaria Forum so link or no link more people know about it than you think.

I'm only messing around nick I'm not bidding because I can't afford a helmet that other no doubt will be throwing wallets at, and it's not an original dbale and you pointed out. You can't hide anything on eBay these days.

FYI, the bloggers on USMF are saying it is NOT an authentic M2.
    I guess someone is gonna get burned (unless the guys from USMF are wrong).
    It is up over $100 already.
    It is a catch 22 whether to post a helmet on a forum.
    If you do NOT and you buy it and it turns out to be a lemon, then you messed up.
    BUT, if you DO post it, you draw attention to the helmet and before you know it someone scarfs it out from under you.
    If a helmet is under $100 and it looks good to me, I usually will take a chance on it.
    For instance, the USMC lid I posted earlier. I got a first pattern cover for $75.
    If I would have posted it, I am sure someone would have bid it out from under me.
    I has happened to me 3-4 times already.

This could be a real one, That could be a dimple on one of the pictures, And they could be the feet of the D bales left on the helmet, thus they have welded the remainder of the bale beside the feet, that would save them trying to file of the remains. It certainly doesn’t look like the normal run of the mill fake M2.
    At the end of the day it is always going to be one of those helmets that will be doubted. So is it worth having!
    Rod

So Rod hows it you never done a thread on your elusive "D Bale" mate as you've been a member for some time..............Jake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast