Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dating M1 sweatbands

Article about: Hello Gents, I have a couple of questions regarding dating these two post WWII sweatbands. I am in the process of researching the non-dated pre Vietnam war era gear, still a bit confused on

Default Dating M1 sweatbands

Hello Gents,

I have a couple of questions regarding dating these two post WWII sweatbands. I am in the process of researching the non-dated pre Vietnam war era gear, still a bit confused on the DSA numbers. Any help with these would be much appreciated.

The first band is what I believe to be an late 1950's to early 1960's. It has some clear markings and some are a bit hard to read: 'DSA 100 47 50 0514 153 6671'

The second I have had a while - I think it came in a capac 52 liner I got a while back. The problem is the DSA number is impossible to read! The only main difference I can see is that these serial numbers faced the wearer not the shell - Is this perhaps an indication of production time? Is there a way to date post WWII bands besides the DSA number?

Many thanks for reading and any assistance!

Best regards,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dating M1 sweatbands   Dating M1 sweatbands  

Dating M1 sweatbands   Dating M1 sweatbands  

Dating M1 sweatbands  

to be honest the DSA/NSN/FSN is about the only way i have ever been able to date the postwar bands

I think the only way to date it would be by finding an identical sweatband with an intact DSA. You could probably do a quick search on ebay or the like.

I can't actually date this one but here is some history about DSA (now DLA) Organization History

First and fifth pictures 1965-1968.pictures two-three-four post 1971............