Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Dating my M1 helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I have here what i believe is a M1 helmet (and please correct me if im wrong) as well as a liner for it and i was wondering if someone could tell me what year/time era this h

?

Default Dating my M1 helmet

Hello everyone,

I have here what i believe is a M1 helmet (and please correct me if im wrong) as well as a liner for it and i was wondering if someone could tell me what year/time era this helmet is from. Just let me know if i need to post another picture at a different angle. Sorry about the pictures im not really sure how to fix them

Thanks,
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dating my M1 helmet   Dating my M1 helmet  

Dating my M1 helmet   Dating my M1 helmet  

Well, the liner is dated 68 and the shell looks to be from a similar era. Some of the real experts should stop by and add some more info!

Hi Michael.. if taken with a phone the photos need to be taken in landscape..not portrait ..so the phone needs to be horizontal.. also check your pics are landscape before up loading ..as sometimes the phone " flips" when taking details photos!! you can also rotate to fix upside down pics in the edit photo option before you upload.. hope this helps..

The shell is of the low dome type produced from 1965 onwards,the Liner is a Westinghouse also of the same time frame,both look in really nice overall condition..............

?

Thank you everyone! and i just now realized that the liner is dated....whoops!

No worries on missing that. I miss stuff all the time that is way more obvious than that date! Besides, these liners are so easy to slap into another shell, its always worth looking in too. Luckily most of the time a general era of the shells construction is a one look thing with even a little experience.