Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Did not sell - WW2 USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam

Article about: Hi Do not know if the mod allow this or not. This one has been on Ebay for a full week auction, however did not sell. 316 euros, starting bid. US Navy gray paint, numbered in the front. Schl

Default Did not sell - WW2 USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam

Hi

Do not know if the mod allow this or not.
    This one has been on Ebay for a full week auction, however did not sell.
    316 euros, starting bid.

US Navy gray paint, numbered in the front.
    Schlueter Shell with capac liner.

I would love to have your opinions on this exemple.

Thanks

Regards
    António
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam   Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam  

Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam   Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam  

Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam   Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam  

Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam  

I think Bill Shea owns this helmet, he owner of Ruptured duck.com. The helmet looks good to me.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I think Bill Shea owns this helmet, he owner of Ruptured duck.com. The helmet looks good to me.
    Marty
    The ones that i know from him, are good.
    I was trying to buy one from one.

I'm curious to learn on this one Antonio. I have a nice period M1 with the OD green sand texture similar to this example. I was unsure if the Navy M1's were spayed grey from the factory or done over top the original green. A minutes research answered that question, it turns out they were field done on ship, with various colors of blue or grey, hence the many color variants of grey seen. All components look correct to me "A" washers liner etc. Even the chinstraps look good including the often missing lightweight leather one for the liner. I suppose the numbers 41 could scare people away but at the same time I see no reason as to why they couldn't be period. But I'm a novice at the he subject at best. So I'm hoping to learn. Best regards. Here's a fixed bale from collectors guild priced at $419. So it doesn't seem irrational at 316 eur. But JMO. Best regards.

Brian

The Collector's Guild

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    I'm curious to learn on this one Antonio. I have a nice period M1 with the OD green sand texture similar to this example. I was unsure if the Navy M1's were spayed grey from the factory or done over top the original green. A minutes research answered that question, it turns out they were field done on ship, with various colors of blue or grey, hence the many color variants of grey seen. All components look correct to me "A" washers liner etc. Even the chinstraps look good including the often missing lightweight leather one for the liner. I suppose the numbers 41 could scare people away but at the same time I see no reason as to why they couldn't be period. But I'm a novice at the he subject at best. So I'm hoping to learn. Best regards. Here's a fixed bale from collectors guild priced at $419. So it doesn't seem irrational at 316 eur. But JMO. Best regards.

Brian

The Collector's Guild
    Hi, you are correct in my opinion.
    The minimum bid price isnt that far fatched actually.

Here is another one didnt sell
    333 euros starting bid.
    Completely diferent gray, clearly ship applied.
    Looks really good, a high profile lid.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam   Did not sell -  WW2  USN M1 Schlueter Swivel Bale Front Seam  

didn't sell due to the hefty price tag!

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    didn't sell due to the hefty price tag!
    hey Rene!!! Long time no see. Nice to see around
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

i like this helmet but would work out at that price with post over 500 au.

Quote by geelong View Post
    i like this helmet but would work out at that price with post over 500 au.
    It has been reposted on sale, this time 319 euros instead of 316.....
    But its minimum bid, so i would imagine the webshop price would be over a grand as almost of his helmets.