Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?

Article about: by battle gear I agree, I have only seen photos from the late 1970's with this type of foliage cover, mostly used by the French on the F1 para helmet they also use this alot in the middle ea

Default Re: did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I agree, I have only seen photos from the late 1970's with this type of foliage cover, mostly used by the French on the F1 para helmet

they also use this alot in the middle east with the brown side out for desert camo, I have an Iraqi helmet with similiar camo
    Hi Mate.

Here's my french F1 ,with salade camo cover, green one side,brown the other.

Classic helmet from the 80's,these were used in Iraq brown side out in the 1st Gulf war, I have also added a couple of photo's of Brit vehicle camo netting, this is the last piece I own , from my time in the R.C.T.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?   did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?  

did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?   did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?  

gaz232sqn

here's mine with the same French "Salade" cover as yours, but I also added a net and piece of rubber tire tube to secure it in place better, also the tire tube keeps the liner from falling out of the shell, thats probably why the French paras often use a piece of tire tube on their helmets to keep it together.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?  
    Last edited by battle gear; 03-15-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: better photo

YouTube - The Legion jumps over Kolwezi

BATTLE OF KOLWEZI 1978

they are wearing the paratrooper version of the M51 with French Lizard pattern camo covers with tire tubes

gaz232sqn

here's mine with the same French "Salade" cover as yours, but I also added a net and piece of rubber tire tube to secure it in place better, also the tire tube keeps the liner from falling out of the shell, thats probably why the French paras often use a piece of tire tube on their helmets to keep it together.

Cool lid, I like the way you've camoed this one up, even though the largest part of my collecting "obsession " is US lids and Brit, I feel there's something pretty cool about French lids, especially
    M51's and F1's. I think I will hunt down some inner tubes now, you have inspired me with this pic.

Cheers Mate

YouTube - The Legion jumps over Kolwezi

BATTLE OF KOLWEZI 1978

they are wearing the paratrooper version of the M51 with French Lizard pattern camo covers with tire tubes
    Nice one,thanks for sharing this video......I would lkie to get hold of one of these types of camo cover ,for my lid

Thanks again

I like the cover on this French F1 helmet

>>>
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?  

I like the cover on this French F1 helmet

>>>
    Yeah me too, looks like a standard temperate camo cover with the rubber rim,with salade plasic scrim cover,nice combo,not seen two types of cover worn like this before...Viva la France

keep 'em coming

>>>
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?   did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?  

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    Nice one,thanks for sharing this video......I would lkie to get hold of one of these types of camo cover ,for my lid

Thanks again
    French Paras like to use tire tube to secure the cover

http://www.defense.gov/dodcmsshare/p...0506A-240b.jpg

here is a group of French paras getting ready for a jump, they are all wearing the F1 helmet with camo cover with tire tube & black tape.

the French paras would also tape the chin straps to keep the adjustments secure.

here's my M51 next to my F1

the F1 has had the chin straps taped with black tape by the French paras and also has the tire tube band added.
    Last edited by battle gear; 03-15-2010 at 09:27 PM.

hi gaz and battle gear i really like your helmets they look great there is a difference in pattern between french and british cammo netting i have fitted the brit net to mine over the desert cover and battle gear im liking your m51 with the cammo and net etc i want to do this to mine now in my last picture you can see my very plain looking m51 next to my f1 cheers james

did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?   did they ever use this type of helmet camo in Vietnam?  

Last edited by James C; 02-19-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast