Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Fixed Bale M1 Hood Rubber Liner

Article about: i want that shell and liner bahaha its really nice good buy !!

?

Default Early Fixed Bale M1 Hood Rubber Liner

I've been waiting quite a while to grab one of these, so I just have to show my latest pickup. Please indulge me if there are a few more photographs than usual. It's a front seam, fixed bale helmet, and I'm not sure of the maker as yet, and it has the early brass hardware. I've tried to highlight the "raised bar" buckle, which is found on some of the earliest M1's. Note the very sharp hooks on the early catch too. These "bend over" more than later ones, and can be very sharp. These ones are . For reference, there is a clear shot of the factory bar tack stitching on the pot chinstraps too, which is very difficult to fake. For those needing a reference on these, enlarge the pics, and please take as many copies as you wish. Windows snipping tool is excellent for this
    The liner is an early production Hood Rubber Co example, which has very distinctive construction. I've been trying to get my hands on one for a long time. It has dark green factory paint, which was known to have problems fixing to the liners, due to rushed early production. There is also an early "double wire" sweatband.
    The insignia, well it could be original, it certainly has age. It could also have been a "played with" liner.
    Either way, I'm not too worried.
    I've had to struggle with various lighting today, both indoors and out. Except for me altering exposure compensation, and later contrast, the colours are about right.
    Comments welcomed.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Fixed Bale M1 Hood Rubber Liner   Early Fixed Bale M1 Hood Rubber Liner  

Early Fixed Bale M1 Hood Rubber Liner   Early Fixed Bale M1 Hood Rubber Liner  

Early Fixed Bale M1 Hood Rubber Liner  
    Last edited by aj4010; 01-08-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Default Re: Early Fixed Bale M1 Hood Rubber Liner

L.U.S.H end of commentvery pleased 4 u my friend.may your good fortune continueas always Dave.

Nice one Andy! I like it a lot. Looks totally untouched.
    Regards
    Rod

NCA
    ?

She's got it all!

Congrats! I love the crazing of the rank chevron on the liner. This one was well worth the wait! Jim G.

?

Why thank you gentlemen, high praise indeed!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I've added pictures of the heatstamp for Dave It looks to me 271B or 274b, which will date it roughly to September 1942.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

wow very nice helmet

?

Quote by RobbyMB View Post
    wow very nice helmet
    Thanks!

I've waited a long time for one like it to come along!

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Very nice. Congrats.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast