Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Fixed Bale shell to pair with my 1st pattern westinghouse liner!!!!!!

Article about: Picked this McCord shell up so my liner wouldn't be quite so lonely,has remnants of captains bars unfortunately someone/how have been rubbed away,nice patina and age with some really good qu

Default Early Fixed Bale shell to pair with my 1st pattern westinghouse liner!!!!!!

Picked this McCord shell up so my liner wouldn't be quite so lonely,has remnants of captains bars unfortunately someone/how have been rubbed away,nice patina and age with some really good quality stress cracks,heat stamp is 304?with dimple between Bales,stainless steel rim still retains most of its paint,which for a shell that shows good service life/wear is quite amazing,solid Bales and od3 chinstraps with raised brass buckle and sharp milled j hook hardware,is a keeper and has a nice overall look to it,added the 2 inch cargo style net for display,thanks in advance.............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Fixed Bale shell to pair with my 1st pattern westinghouse liner!!!!!!   Early Fixed Bale shell to pair with my 1st pattern westinghouse liner!!!!!!  

Early Fixed Bale shell to pair with my 1st pattern westinghouse liner!!!!!!   Early Fixed Bale shell to pair with my 1st pattern westinghouse liner!!!!!!  

Early Fixed Bale shell to pair with my 1st pattern westinghouse liner!!!!!!   Early Fixed Bale shell to pair with my 1st pattern westinghouse liner!!!!!!  

Wow dont know how you find them bud,,, really like this one.

Steve I could reply with a sarcastic answer but that may not be taken the right way,instead I'll just say that there are plenty of good quality websites out there,in fact some offer a better deal than ebay and thats the truth,when I purchased this shell,when compared to better examples on ebay this was a more affordable choice product,not saying its the best example going by all means,just better in the pocket for me,maybe not everyone's cup of tea as I know many prefer better looking Lids to add to there collection.I've noticed too lately that parts being sold on there own seem to sell really well.this wasn't a great investment with the shipping and a import charge too,but when was the last time one like this was seen or sold in the UK?like hardly never..........so we as collectors are very limited on choice..............

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Steve I could reply with a sarcastic answer but that may not be taken the right way,instead I'll just say that there are plenty of good quality websites out there,in fact some offer a better deal than ebay and thats the truth,when I purchased this shell,when compared to better examples on ebay this was a more affordable choice product,not saying its the best example going by all means,just better in the pocket for me,maybe not everyone's cup of tea as I know many prefer better looking Lids to add to there collection.I've noticed too lately that parts being sold on there own seem to sell really well.this wasn't a great investment with the shipping and a import charge too,but when was the last time one like this was seen or sold in the UK?like hardly never..........so we as collectors are very limited on choice..............
    Will we ever learn the name of this site?

My thoughts too

Live Online Art, Antiques & Estate Auctions | Invaluable

is good, have you been there. i do try sometimes, maybe this is one of Jakes.

Noop never heard of that site before Steve,best place to find an M1 is on a German Helmet site,bet you didn't think of that did you boys.....