Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Vietnam Helmet.

Article about: Here's one of my favourites,its a put together rig which isn't everyones choice,only the rubber band/lighter/playing card are not original issued period items.......

Default Early Vietnam Helmet.

Here's one of my favourites,its a put together rig which isn't everyones choice,only the rubber band/lighter/playing card are not original issued period items.......
    Last edited by ruddersrangers44; 05-10-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Right on the money for a period M-1 worn in the Nam Bush! timothy

?

Put together or not.. Which I do myself, The helmet & its original components are lovely, Really sets it of with added items. Very nice lid Jake! Cheers, Sean.

?

Agreed great looking piece Jake, not seen the UC 2 stamp before either , and lovely looking MSA liner to boot,keep showing them buddy

Thanx for the comments guys.Gary the liners a Westy mate.1961 Micarta Divison,the tag is to the right of the MSA stamp,regarding the Buckle I picked these up sometime ago,and kicked myself as the seller had a second set,these are the rarest postwar straps available,the Buckle is made of Brass not steel,the UC2 is United Carr that produced most of the hardware Leather chinstrap metal parts.Also the male/female and segma snaps on the Liner webbing,its difficult at best to know exactly how or why they stamped these parts and whether they produced others without the stamp markings,these are early Vietnam produced items usually dated somewhere between 1961-1965.all Brass production discontinued after this and all further production would be in the black painted steel hardware.............

Forgot to mention the Colonel rank insignia this was given to me by Jamesnice one mate,really sets the Helmet display off nicely..............

great setup jake ,i thought i recognised the insignia ,well done to another fine lid mate
    Regards James