Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Early war USMC M1

Article about: by jumpingjank yep nick Australia made some during ww2 .Military Antiques - WW2 USMC M1 Helmet & Australian 1st Patt. Camo Cover - 1943 : ANZACBLADE, Militaria For Sale For You theres be

?

Default Re: Early war USMC M1

theres been much speculation as to whether the Aussies made USMC covers for US use but it still has not been 100% confirmed that they did & that all so called Aussie made USMC covers are seen as fakes

Austrailian Made USMC Camo Helmet Covers - ***HOLDING / SORTING AREA*** - U.S. Militaria Forum

?

Here are a couple for comparison. The pictures will enlarge quite well.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early war USMC M1   Early war USMC M1  

Early war USMC M1   Early war USMC M1  

Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

& here's some pics of a repro cover i did have the type stitching this one has matches yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images Early war USMC M1  Early war USMC M1  Early war USMC M1  Early war USMC M1  Early war USMC M1  Early war USMC M1  Early war USMC M1  Early war USMC M1 

i thought so too.dont most US camos have identification or markings on it somewhere ? cheers

and thanks nick was wondering about the aussie made covers. your clone camo looks the same stitching and everything .so conclusion is that his camo is a repro ? cheers

?

If I remember correctly, the stitching on the central seams was made on one machine which had two needles, so a way to judge a cover is to look for perfectly parallel rows of stitching which all originals will have.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Quote by jumpingjank View Post
    i thought so too.dont most US camos have identification or markings on it somewhere ? cheers
    WW2 USMC covers were never marked or stamped in anyway they only started doing this when they made the post war 1950's version.

Very good point Andy now i've seen both types there's no comparison with regards to the stitching,neat as they come,thanks to both of you for the picsregards Dave.

didnt know that thanks dave .i have learnt so much from you hahaha so cheers for that ! .when i look at the stitching on the repros compared to the originals .the original stitching is straighter and neater ? where as the repro is not so much ? could be just my eyes haha.cheers

well spotted guys ,if it is a repo then it would of fooled me especially with faded apearance i dont know anything about these covers but its a great looking cammo pattern for sure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3