Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Ebay M1

Article about: I took a chance on this for £10, and won it. Any guesses what's under there? It's not arrived yet, I've just bought it. This is the only picture. I do like a gamble on these, you never know.

?

Default Re: Ebay M1

that's a shame but explains why the cover looked so loose atleast you only spent a tenner you got a good NAM era liner which looks like it may have had something attached to the front maybe some sort of rank insignia ?

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    And I quote:

"US Marines Vietnam Kevlar Helmet - Camouflage "

It's not a problem, I knew the description was way off, I just took a chance.
    I've had a few of these pay off with something nice, a couple sort of neutral like this one, and some
    terrible stuff too.
    Just a bit of fun really, and it keeps me from roaming the streets.
    Worth a tenner for the liner and cover i suppose!...

you did all right for a tenner mate.
    could have been a m2 hidden in there.
    Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    you did all right for a tenner mate.
    could have been a m2 hidden in there.
    Rod
    Now that would be nice, but we don't all have your luck Rod!

"that's a shame but explains why the cover looked so loose atleast you only spent a tenner you got a good NAM era liner which looks like it may have had something attached to the front maybe some sort of rank insignia ?"

Looks like it Nick, both holes go right through and they fit the pin back insignia perfectly.
    A Major improvement I'd say.....................

Ebay M1
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Turned out ok for you really!!!!firestone liner worth £15-20 plus a tenner for the sweatband.....i wouldn't say no to that sorta deal........Jake.

Look at it this way, 10,000 years from now this thing will be priceless. lol

?

I hope someone can identify that nylon type chinstrap thing. I've never seen one, and I cant see how it would be of use as a chinstrap, what would it hook onto? Helmet bales?
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Maybe the chinstrap can't be explained because maybe its a one off,an original piece....could be "riggers"style DIY and if proven would make you super rich as the only man to own one...Nice thought i suppose.P.s what is that nasty piece of steel jutting upwards in the webbing looks lethal as hell?..........Jake.

?

That steel thing is how the previous owner attached the cover to the webbing, there were a couple of these holding it in place through the flaps, not pleasant to wear I'm sure!
    Rigger made Jake? I know you are a great fan of rigger gear!
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3