Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ebay m1 fixed bale helmet.

Article about: by Nitram The chinstrap is a Dutch one, used on Dutch M53s. Shell could possibly be one that was given to the Netherlands post war, and the Dutch straps were added. Nitram So, that would exp

?

Default Re: Ebay m1 fixed bale helmet.

Quote by Nitram View Post
    The chinstrap is a Dutch one, used on Dutch M53s. Shell could possibly be one that was given to the Netherlands post war, and the Dutch straps were added.

Nitram
    So, that would explain the nasty green colour of the shell?

Best Regards,

Andy

Edited
    Last edited by aj4010; 04-05-2012 at 11:45 PM.

?

i just looked at my mccord fixed bale straps. mine seems to bee sewn a little more than yours, but not fully across as yours are. the thread color is the same though but it just doesnt look right. the threads are perfect and uniform on mine, yours are inconsistent. there are few marks and stains on the straps, they are cotton, and they cannot be washed. it looks a little fishy to me. not the real deal in my opinion. the condition of the straps should match the helmet, and yours dont have a stain or crease on them. your lid is nice though except for those pressure marks.

?

Looking at it again, I'm not sure it's dutch. I'd need a better picture, but at a glance the straps looked like this type to me:

After a second look, I think I'm wrong.

Nitram

?

Looking at it again, I'm not sure it's dutch. I'd need a better picture, but at a glance the straps looked like this type to me:

After a second look, I think I'm wrong.

Nitram

If they are not correct doesn't really matter what they are. hope the seller isint trying to trick someone. the M1 clone stuff doesn't hold any real value.

?

I've proven myself wrong, having looked more closely at the pictures. The chinstraps are appropriate.

Nitram

I've proven myself wrong, having looked more closely at the pictures. The chinstraps are appropriate.

Nitram
    does anyone know what this lid went for i completely missed the auction?dave

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    No idea, however I apologize for providing bad information

Nitram

?

Just over £100.00 I think, perhaps £120.00 ish. Seems the buyer paid about right for the liner.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

wasn't you then andy?could say the shell was thrown in for nothing if thats the right price for the liner alone,cheers dave.

?

wasn't you then andy?could say the shell was thrown in for nothing if thats the right price for the liner alone,cheers dave.
    No, not me this time! I think the price was around there, if I remember. If incorrect, I am sure I will be corrected. Now, if this bugger was a bit cheaper, I'd take a chance. It's just been relisted. I just have a feeling for this one. Don't know why, but something is both wrong and right with it.

Opinions

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 04-12-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast