Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

eBay purchase

Article about: Hi Andy I watched it all the way. Didn’t the seller change his uncle from a major to a colonel after you gave him some information on it. He was going to give the buyer his uncles name when

?

Default eBay purchase

I just snaffled this one off the bay. Obviously I don't have it in hand yet. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I know the insignia is Air Force Technical Sergeant.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eBay purchase   eBay purchase  

eBay purchase  
    Last edited by aj4010; 06-04-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default re: eBay purchase

USAF maybe? Looks like their stripes, with the circle/star worn off?

?

Hi, HoovieDude. Yes, I believe it to be USAAF. Hoping so, anyway. Whatever it turns out to be, for the price it was a steal.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

I need to slow down with my reading. Didn't notice that you mentioned AF rank in the initial post! Korean War time frame perhaps?

?

Possibly HoovieDude. The sellers description was useful though. Of course I am too old and long in the tooth to buy the story,
    but:
    I don’t know anything about this Helmet other than I believe it belonged to my American Uncle who was a Senior Officer in the American Forces, and was Stationed in England during World War 2. He married my English Aunt.

It is in its original condition and has been sitting in my garage for years.

Hopefully someone knows more about it from the faded decals ? My Uncle I believe was a Major. As I say I know very little, and hope this goes to a good home.

Will Post to UK Mainland only

Good Luck and Thanks for Looking

I have sent a message to the seller reassuring him that it is going to a very good home indeed, and asked for more information regarding the original owner. I am hoping it IS WW2. Whatever, for the price, it's ok.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Hey, Mods. Why cant I edit that really annoying typo from the title?
    Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Well, the lid and liner are of WW2 manufacture, but seeing how the USAF wasn't created as a separate entity from the Army until 48, the chevrons would date it to at least then. And the story is quite the story

?

Well, it's coming home to me and I will surely look after it. I love these things.
    Thanks HoovieDude.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Hi, HoovieDude. Yes, I believe it to be USAAF. Hoping so, anyway. Whatever it turns out to be, for the price it was a steal.Kind Regards,Andy
    This will be USAF, not USAAF.

Insignia likely painted or placed there in the mid to late 1950's.
    A nice WWII helmet, IMO.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    This will be USAF, not USAAF.

Insignia likely painted or placed there in the mid to late 1950's.
    A nice WWII helmet, IMO.........!
    Thanks, I just took a punt on that one, on the off chance. I have bags of M1's, none with AF insignia, so I was out of my pond.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast