Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

eBay purchase

Article about: Hi Andy I watched it all the way. Didn’t the seller change his uncle from a major to a colonel after you gave him some information on it. He was going to give the buyer his uncles name when

Default re: eBay purchase

Hi Andy I watched it all the way.
    Didn’t the seller change his uncle from a major to a colonel after you gave him some information on it. He was going to give the buyer his uncles name when i asked him with the helmet on delivery. Is he keeping the same deal with you. I never bided on it.
    It looks good to me, I hope you have scored mate.
    Best regards
    Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Hi Andy I watched it all the way.
    Didn’t the seller change his uncle from a major to a colonel after you gave him some information on it. He was going to give the buyer his uncles name when i asked him with the helmet on delivery. Is he keeping the same deal with you. I never bided on it.
    It looks good to me, I hope you have scored mate.
    Best regards
    Rod
    It's a small world mate! I have asked the seller for the info, but he has "gone dark" for a bit. Will let you know. For the price, who can argue with that. I have a good feeling with this one. When I get it Rod, I will post it. Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

It's arrived. The Liner is a Westie. I was really hoping that the liner would have some insignia too, but no luck. It's a Plane Jane. When I got it, one of the swivel bales was seized solid, and folded over, so the liner could not be removed.
    I have added the liner chinstrap, but I think a later war black buckle will be better on this one. Sorry about the fill in flash photos, the light was terrible.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture eBay purchase   eBay purchase  

eBay purchase   eBay purchase  

eBay purchase  
    Last edited by aj4010; 06-11-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

A little crusty inside, but it's a cool helmet.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    A little crusty inside, but it's a cool helmet.........!
    Thanks, I think there were a few USAF spiders in there too.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Default Re: eBay purchase

Matching set Andy I like it. It does look as if its been in garage/attic untouched for years. I like that! it doesn’t matter about condition.
    Did he give you his uncles name.
    All the best
    Rod

?

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Matching set Andy I like it. It does look as if its been in garage/attic untouched for years. I like that! it doesn’t matter about condition.
    Did he give you his uncles name.
    All the best
    Rod
    Rod, he would not give me the name. A shame I know. Either his "uncle" does not exist, or he does not want to give his details to a strange M1 collector on eBay. If it is the latter, then I respect that.

Kind Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thats a pity it may have given you something to go on and match with that number on the set.
    I would try him again.
    Best Regards
    Rod

?

Also, with the markings, I know what the prefix "O" or "E" is, but what in the dickens is "W"?

Best Regards,

Andy.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2