Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake M-2 D loop helmet on ebay

Article about: there is currently an M-2 on eBay being sold as original how do i know its not well i use to own it & im the one who had it made ww2 us army 101st airborne original 506th PIR D Bale Helm

?

Default Fake M-2 D loop helmet on ebay

there is currently an M-2 on eBay being sold as original how do i know its not well i use to own it & im the one who had it made

ww2 us army 101st airborne original 506th PIR D Bale Helmet Front Seam | eBay

item number 121052298185

pic's of when i owned it

Post war M1 restored.

Ive contacted the seller about this but im sure he'll have some bull of a story as to why it cant be the same helmet after all apparently he's owned it for over 20 years even though i owned it back in 2009

Default Re: Fake M-2 D loop helmet on ebay

Watching this one Nick.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

It's wise to always mark replica items in some way to show that they are not original; for two reasons made evident here. First, this is a very well made helmet in my opinion, 50+ years from now it is going to show natural wear, and might turn out out to be dangerously convincing. Second, you never know who will end up with the replica item in the future. In this case a total idiot inherited the piece and is using it to STEAL money from an unsuspecting collector. Shame on the seller, he deserves a swift kick in the groin

?

Wow what a tool . I would call him out .

It's another of those "genuine"101 st's that ebay seems to have cornered the market in!!!! I never knew Mr Ebay went to war with this unit and they all kept their lids to sell on his site to help him out in times of trouble!Well done Nickd in giving us the heads up,you made a good job of this one.

I've contacted ebay about a few fakes, they never do anything!..

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    It's wise to always mark replica items in some way to show that they are not original; for two reasons made evident here. First, this is a very well made helmet in my opinion, 50+ years from now it is going to show natural wear, and might turn out out to be dangerously convincing. Second, you never know who will end up with the replica item in the future. In this case a total idiot inherited the piece and is using it to STEAL money from an unsuspecting collector. Shame on the seller, he deserves a swift kick in the groin
    the helmet & liner them selves are post war German made M-1 style set up its not even front seamed that was cut in to it by the guy that created it for me. the liner has been painted to give the look of an early ST CLAIR liner which on closer in inspection would be evident that's its not anyone who's done a bit research will spot this helmet as a fake straight away if not then they should be asking questions about the item before bidding on it any markings that could have been added to show its a repro could easily have been cover up if the seller is determined to rip someone off.

?

We all have the option to contact the seller through questions..........................

Just sayin...............

Andy

Well, Nick, I am not sure who to believe. After all, this helmet has been in his collection for over TWENTY YEARS, LONG BEFORE BAND OF BROTHERS!!! I am a believer. By the way, how much is he asking for that old bridge in New York again? Or that wonderful waterfront land in Florida?

?

Nick's pics, (I'ts a stunner Nick) And the Ebay ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake M-2 D loop helmet on ebay   Fake M-2 D loop helmet on ebay  

Fake M-2 D loop helmet on ebay   Fake M-2 D loop helmet on ebay  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast