Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Few US Helmets From The New Guy

Article about: Since I'm the new guy here, I thought I'd show just a few helmets from my collection. If you've been on the USMF, I've posted these over there before but, for those who don't know me, here's

?

Arrow A Few US Helmets From The New Guy

Since I'm the new guy here, I thought I'd show just a few helmets from my collection. If you've been on the USMF, I've posted these over there before but, for those who don't know me, here's a few of them. BTW, this is a great forum!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Few US Helmets From The New Guy   A Few US Helmets From The New Guy  

A Few US Helmets From The New Guy  
    Attached Images Attached Images A Few US Helmets From The New Guy 

?

Default re: A Few US Helmets From The New Guy

Hi mate,

Nice display!

Donnie

?

Thanks Donnie, I've got quite a few more to show but, these are the only ones I have on my computer at the office. When I get home, I'll pop a few more on here.

?

Hi mate,

Excuse my stupidness (i have no idea about most American militaria) but what unit does that first helmet group belong too?

Donnie

?

These are WWI, WWII and Gulf War examples from the 3rd Infantry Division

Welcome to the forum Bugme.

I love them! The 29th and the 3rd division helmets are hard to come by and as you probably know faked quite a bit.

rgds, Ty

?

Quote by Ty Revelo View Post
    Welcome to the forum Bugme.

I love them! The 29th and the 3rd division helmets are hard to come by and as you probably know faked quite a bit.

rgds, Ty
    Thanks for the compliments Ty. Yes, I'm very aware of the fakes. I've actually done research to expose fakes and have worked with many U.S. helmet collecting authorities and authors to find ways to educate collectors and to provide way's to identify fakes.

?

If I were going to trust anyones opinion on American helmets. Scott would be the one.
    Some of those northern Yankee boys are real smart.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    If I were going to trust anyones opinion on American helmets. Scott would be the one.
    Some of those northern Yankee boys are real smart.
    I agree with you about Scott's knowledge, and not because we're BFF's. If I ever decide to buy a helmet, the first move I make will be to contact him. I also agree about some Yankee boys being smart...all three of them.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Wow, you Southern guys all so very kind... I'm blushing!