Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

First And Last

Article about: by moaning minnie think i'll quit this collecting lark,just too expensive for me,bloke with a mortgage and 3 kids,when did the fun stop and it all became a bit too serious and very high stak

?

Default Re: First And Last

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    think i'll quit this collecting lark,just too expensive for me,bloke with a mortgage and 3 kids,when did the fun stop and it all became a bit too serious and very high stakes,wouldn't be so bad if i lived in the states and could go to these yard sales,then i might get lucky but living in the UK wont ever be able to afford any real quality stuff like you guys have,it brings a tear to my eye,probably the stupid thing to ever get into,harsh lessons learned,hum bug.
    well im in a similar situation i live on my own so have to pay all the bills myself with no help what so ever but Ive been lucky in most cases of my collection i no I'll never own any of the high end helmets i just don't have that kind of money but with what i do have has been pretty much made up from bargains Ive won or came across on eBay but it is getting harder with more people getting in to this hobby who seem to have more disposable income then i have & so Ive lost a lot more these days then i use to do but the bargains still crop up from time to time just need to keep an eye out.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    think i'll quit this collecting lark,just too expensive for me,bloke with a mortgage and 3 kids,when did the fun stop and it all became a bit too serious and very high stakes,wouldn't be so bad if i lived in the states and could go to these yard sales,then i might get lucky but living in the UK wont ever be able to afford any real quality stuff like you guys have,it brings a tear to my eye,probably the stupid thing to ever get into,harsh lessons learned,hum bug.
    Keep your Pecker up, friend. I will quote you a conversation I had:
    "Either that helmet collection goes, or I do."
    Still single now.
    The best stuff is out there, just needs a bit of legwork, for instance, contact local house clearance people, and tell them you can advise on military kit. No need to actually know about everything, take a snap and post it here.
    I have been brought stuff at my work you will not believe, and I certainly could not post pics of that stuff. Some of it, I have in fact immediately ran away from, but you will get that .
    Just put it about that you are a collector, and see what turns up.

Best Regards,

Andy

Well, I'll give you a taste.
    Bloke walks in with a box. Opens it. Full of Russian WW2 grenades. WITH the fuses still in the top them. Ground dug. Still had the Russian dirt on them. He was alone, very quickly in my office. Advice was given, in a loud voice, from at least 30 yards.

A

And yes, the advice was Foxtrot Oscar.
    Last edited by aj4010; 04-09-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

very nice helmets andy

?

Thank you James.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 04-09-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by NickD View Post
    well im in a similar situation i live on my own so have to pay all the bills myself with no help what so ever but Ive been lucky in most cases of my collection i no I'll never own any of the high end helmets i just don't have that kind of money but with what i do have has been pretty much made up from bargains Ive won or came across on eBay but it is getting harder with more people getting in to this hobby who seem to have more disposable income then i have & so Ive lost a lot more these days then i use to do but the bargains still crop up from time to time just need to keep an eye out.
    From what I've seen so far. Looks like you've done pretty well Nick.

?

Quote by Mountaineer View Post
    From what I've seen so far. Looks like you've done pretty well Nick.
    Agreed. Nick, really put it about in your community that you are a collector. You will be surprised at what turns up.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

Psst, Grandpa, I got your six.

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture First And Last  
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3